1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Astros @ Yankees Wildcard Edition

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 5, 2015.

1. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

This series has sweep written all over it!

Joking aside ... Keuchel's last outing was great because he didn't pitch too many pitches and there were virtually no high stress pitches because he was spotted such a big lead. I think that is really going to help him going on short rest tomorrow. We have to take this game!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Astros in playoffs for first time in a decade - Going up against a team that will bring major attention to this up and coming group of Luhnites that represent H-Town.

1 person likes this.
  3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got my tix...sec 306 row 2.
    Flight booked...new astros gear.
    Dont know where im sleeping...but it will be worth it.

4. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

I wonder if it is at all relevant that Keuchel started the ASG on 2 days rest... One of the biggest appearances in his life and he pitched 2 innings of 2 hit, 2R/0ER baseball. I know that he was not expecting to pitch much that day, but that still says something.

I think this guy has ice running through his veins and will avenge the previous most important start (9/16 against the Rangers) with this start.

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

hard to beat a team 2, 3 times in a row... I'm sure the yanks will adjust to DK's pitching, hope he'll counterpunch his strategy.
    I expect the stros offense score no more than 3 runs...

6. fiersdownbelow

Too many Chandler Parsons references on this Houston Astros forum for my taste. Dallas basketball is like twice removed from being relevant here...

1 person likes this.
  7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While I am glad Dallas is pitching, we all do realize that he is not near the performer on the road as at home, right?

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Still above average/all-star caliber on the road (esp if you exclude that outlier Arlington start)... downright HOF/one of best ever at home.

He's the best option tomorrow... esp against the lefty-heavy Yankees.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Damn, I wish this were at MMP. Then I'd have no doubt the Stros would win. I still give them a slight edge since Keuchel(even on 3 days rest) will be handful for the Yankees, but that offense has had a bad habit of going ice cold on the road.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm somewhat happy that I won't have to be exposed to 20K t-shirt Yankee fans infesting MMP... and anything can happen in one game (even the Astros, and DK, losing at home).

Hell, they put it on the Yankees on the road (in Dallas' start) for 15 runs... and coming off the 21 run game the other night... I'm not as pessimistic about their road offense.

11. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

This. Yankees are so lefty/switch dominant that they are at a severe disadvantage against Keuchel. I'm gonna guess they stack the deck with as much RHHs as possible though.

Ellsbury
    Refsnyder
    Rodriguez
    Beltran
    Young
    Bird
    McCann
    Headley
    Gregorius

There are only 3 pure RHHs in that lineup and 2 switch hitters.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

All that is true. But winning that last Arizona game would have given us a huge advantage rather than a mild/moderate one.

13. count_dough-ku

They've been better offensively(although facing D-Backs pitching never hurts), but they still have those games where they're just horrendous with runners in scoring position. And you're not gonna win playoff games with multibase hits and home runs.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Astros for the year - 367 runs at MMP, 362 runs on the road.

15. count_dough-ku

They certainly helped close that gap in the Arizona series.:grin:

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's a 162 game grind. :)

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

True... it would have.

But it being only one game mitigates everything.

And TBH, this team getting that game at MMP was always vastly improbable... to the point that the Astros didn't even consider it as an option when selling tickets. Pretty sure the team's mindset was likely always pointing towards playing this game in NY.

Not saying I wouldn't love the opportunity to see them live amongst 20K of my closest t-shirt wearing Yankee fan friends (hell, that probably would have guaranteed the sell-out...whereas the game may not sell out in NYC).

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Do you realize Dallas pitched 7 scoreless innings @NY this season?

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That happens at home too (could have put the Angels out of the race altogether in that last series)... I think the most stabilizing aspect for this lineup is having a hot Springer and a ultra-hot Carter.

You get those guys going, and I really doubt it matters where they play.

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Which could lead one to make the argument that NYY batters are due?