1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

As always, no PBP in the thread. If you need that try one of the game cast sites. Keep discussion to this series. If it is not about this series it goes somewhere else.

6-8 Wandy Rodriguez, LHP vs. Gavin Floyd, RHP 7:10 on FSH

6-9 Jordan Lyles, RHP vs. Chris Sale, LHP 3:10 on FSH

6-10 Lucas Harrell, RHP vs. Philip Humber, RHP 1:10 on FSH

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

f#$&ing Podsednik.

3. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

screw the white sox!
    it's revenge time!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i hate you bobby jenks, konerko and podsednik!

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Never will forget that first pitch grand slam Konerko hit off Qualls. Took the life right out the Stros.

5. delishman

delishman Member

Brett Wallace getting some MVP chants in Chicago. Haven't seen a moment like this since Rocky IV.

6. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Lowrie is in beast mode tonight. 3 plate appearances: 1 sac fly, 1 double, 1 home-run

Does any team get less from their outfield than the Astros? Martinez, Bogey and Schafer have to be the least fearsome trio in the majors.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

lowrie could break dickie thon's hr record by mid-season. one of the damnedest things i've seen in awhile.

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I dont know when, but something has to give on this. It would be one thing if it were one position or one outfielder. But all 3 starters AND their bench replacements? Not one of the 5 has a consistent bat.

If it continues, one has to assume that first one guy, probably Bogy, then others one at a time will be flushed, and their replacements assessed until the situation changes.

With a up and coming farm, guys are going to be on shorter clocks soon.

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

7 years too late.

10. Rocketfan713

Rocketfan713 Member

lololl

11. bustanut82

bustanut82 Member

We really do have AAA outfield lol !! Well at least our team is on the rise again. It might be 2 to 4 years before we ever see long term winning teams.

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

It was ridiculed a month ago about Lowrie hitting 20 homers but can he actually reach 30? We are about 30% of the way into the year.

13. SupermoochieFro

It's pretty impressive what he's doing so far but I just don't think he'll get 30. My guess is he'll end up hitting around 22-25 but who knows. The biggest thing is obviously health which poses the question of if he should be traded while his stock is the highest. Have a feeling that GM's will still look at his injury history and try to low ball offer Luhnow.

14. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

melcoanan vs lowire..wow

15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Brett Wallace does not possess a gold glove.

16. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

wallace would make a good dh...and has he lost weight looks to be in better shape.

17. 713

713 Member

I say 6-7 years.

18. bustanut82

bustanut82 Member

Jed Lowrie just hit his 12th homerun today. I can see him hitting 25 homeruns and 75 rbi's! Wow what a deal we got in the Mark M. trade and Kyle Weiland is the bonus player. Lowrie is putting up all star numbers, hitting for average and power as well. He does not seem to be a fluke either. Go Astros!

19. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Definitely a fantastic trade for the Astros. I'll ask the tough question though. Given his production and two more years of team control, would you trade Lowrie for a Pence-like deal if it was offered? You could argue he's the best SS in the entire league right now but he is 28 and he'll be hitting FA when our best prospects are reaching the majors.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I would trade him ... but only if we get a really good package ... yes there are some questions about his health history and whether or not he can actually keep this production up ... but then again its not like any prospect is a sure thing either .... i do the deal if the deal is pence good