1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Tigers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 29, 2016.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Ok man, keep calling everybody dorks then and see how it works

I'm Gonna do what I should have with cangre a long time who and just ignore your posts

Peace out bro

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We have no choice, really. Gomez' upside isn't the same as it once was. I feel more confident in any of the hitters you named. When Tucker has been with the club he has never had consistent at bats. It has hurt him. Play one day sit the next. Bat 2nd then 8th then 5th. I am still intrigued by what Tucker can bring offensively. His defense is bad but I think he can mash if given consistent at bats.

3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Just when we were hitting common ground. Oh well.

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Nick, I dont think you abide by the etiquette very well either. I never said McOuch but i do find it harmlessly funny. Many on here have accused players of being "trash" or Hinch being "stupid" so you are full of it really. You start trouble. If you had kept the conversation about baseball we wouldn't be doing this. I make a baseball post and you accuse me if being some old peurto rican astro fan who got banned. So, It's you that hijacks the convo. It's you that seems to be the problem. Ok now run and teport me again!

5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Go nick! Run! I need to be reported!! Hurry Nick!!

6. PokeJ

PokeJ Member

The Rangers actually lead the AL in wins

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I never accused you of being him... Others did. And pretty sure he was Dominican, not Puerto Rican, but I wouldn't expect you to know since it was before your time.

Again, quit the name calling, follow etiquette, and maybe this place will get back to some normalcy... As it was for a few weeks between the Dominican poster and whenever you decided to come out of your decade long hiding to post about "crap baseball".

8. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yep

But their rotation has so many issues. They lost Fielder for the year

Cleveland meanwhile has the best rotation in the AL, and just added the most dominant closer

I would bet if you could find some legit odds, the Indians would have the highest playoff chances

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Actually, Nick, you follow the etiquette. You make sure you're not starting trouble. Seriously, you shouldn't be laying down rules for other posters. You start trouble and you need to stop. If you can't respond to a post in a baseball context then maybe leave it alone. You really are a hindrance to this board. Your post count means nothing to me. I am teady to talk ball. If you can't then don't.

10. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Please tell me Blum said that to Ashby.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/pndnY"><a href="//imgur.com/pndnY"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure. How about you don't go apoplectic over a 10 game sample size, or on the converse, start to accept that whatever made them one of the best teams in baseball for about 3 months IS the norm vs the exception so far this year.

And again... if this place is that bad for you after one month, why do you keep coming back?

#871 Nick, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

he was puerto rican.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

5/1-8/1

By far, best extended stretch this team has had over the last two years. They're not going to blow it all up because of one subpar week.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Pretty sure he was Mexican...;)

All jokes aside, when was that ever even brought up? I had absolutely zero interest in ones heritage or background, but apparently he feels strongly it was a reason for the reaction people give him, otherwise he wouldn't keep bringing it up.

Just find it uneccessary to even mention.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Vally was placed on the 15-day... don't bother considering him for a while. We need a couple extra players to hit damn .240 or .725 OPS.... that's not asking alot. Bregman needs to stop sucking. I understand he's young, but his youth will contribute to present losses if he doesn't play better. Glad Gattis got 3 hits today, but we've seen his numbers, he should almost never DH until injued players return, catcher only if he plays. Tucker should never play the field while we have so many other discrepancies hitting... at least Marisnick provide defense if he's not hitting. Let Giles close. Hopefully his past 9th inning bullcrap has completely passed.

A bad next 2 series will have us 9+ behind TEX and 5+ GB the wild card with 2-3 teams separating... with Vally still not returning yet.

I still prefer no trades, but it's difficult if the Rangers are getting players we could use. I just hope management knows what they're doing.

#876 Houstunna, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Its not bad. You and like 2 other people have been unreasonably irritable with me. I can take it. I don't let folks like you control what i do.

What I am getting at us that we had a bad 1st 6 weeks. Then we had a great 6 weeks against a semi weak schedule. Now we are going through the meat grinder again. We obviously need a closer. Clearly, we need better hitting. Of course, Hinch is not the greatest in game manager. I am being very basic here, stay with me. These are sorta big problems. So, coming from this, it's clear why someone might start to mildly panic about our schedule going forward. So, I like to discuss these things as well as the good things too. If saying crap or having a knee jerk post or two irks you then maybe griw some thicker skin. This run off and report thing is pretty lame too. Peopke like to talk sports in different ways. Enjoy yourself.

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Sorry for fat fingering these buttons.

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We were 7-17. Then in mid may we were 17-28 and hadnt caught fire yet. We have basically sucked for 2 weeks now, maybe 3. So really we had a stretch wher we went like 34-16 before we cooled off again. So its not 3 months.

20. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Cangre, I mean Tomstro, you already have about 8 posts on this page, including 4 in a row a couple of times, you constantly tell people to "talk baseball" yet somehow manage to wind everyone up into doing anything but, you tell everyone you will "talk about the bad along with the good" despite your haters, you don't like Hinch or Gomez you think the sky is falling and everything is a disaster when we lose a couple of games and you randomly jump to the defense of a guy who was banned before you even got here, even knowing details about him that experienced posters who talked to him all the time didn't know.

Can you really not see why people are onto you already?