1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Royals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 24, 2016.

1. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I have no reason to put you there

2. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's official. This is the new GARM.

3. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Looking forward to seeing Reed get his first hit in Anaheim. While he had three strikeouts, he was still having good at bats, working the counts. The first SO was an expanded inside corner from ump. He doesn't look overwhelmed like Moran did swinging at almost anything and I think we can say that a hot/cold start from a first time big leaguer doesn't mean much one way or another (see Tyler White).

4. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

So true. Literally one guy is ruining the entire Astros sub-forum. I can't believe the mods are letting him just destroy the experience for nearly everyone else.

5. awc713

awc713 Member

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It's not just one guy...

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Random Astros Trade sealed the deal.

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Very good series. Sucks not sweeping, but that's mostly due to TEX continuing winning and losing a damn 4 gamer vs KC earlier this year.

Now, lets handle our business in Anaheim..... 4-2 would be a great roadie.
    ________

Regarding the most postiest poster, another poster said it best....

Dude is just an overly opinionated FAN.

I just don't understand how people make such an issue with the opinions.

9. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

let's not blame the mods for this. It's an unusual situation...you don't usually find someone who has the effect of something negative (a troll, in this case) without the intent. It's hard to determine how to handle that fairly.

10. Airdough

Airdough Member

Who knows, it could be Clutch and the other mods in disguise just trolling every one for what goes on in the GARM.

11. ac in austin

ac in austin Contributing Member

It's to the point where I do blame the mods. This is my favorite forum on the Internet and one guy has ruined it. Enough long time respected posters have attempted to educate him to no avail. It doesn't matter his intent at this point. I have used one of my ten posts a year on this...hope it helps. Back to lurk mode.

1 person likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ive seen people be restricted for less.

The effect he's had is substantial. Intentionally or not.

13. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I wonder if the mods have an option to increase time between posts for just 1 poster. Instead of waiting 30 seconds between posts, having to wait 30 minutes might do the trick :p

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'm sure they could. Just last year, there was an entire thread that he had no sort of access to.

I guess everybody was hoping it would just get better on its own... It's clear that is not happening, despite the team winning. He's obviously more insufferable during losses, but he had that pointed out to him, so now he's just going to do his schtick all the f'ing time.

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

This place stopped being fun.

16. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

paging Cangrejero:

I have a multiple choice question for you. Is it that:

A. You don't care that a ton of people here find you and your posts annoying, but you just feel it's a free country and a public forum, so you can do whatever you want.

B. You think just a few people find you irritating, but most folks here think you are contributing positive thoughts, so the vocal minority just need to chill and deal with it.

If it's A, dude, you don't get it.

If it's B, you are delusional.

17. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

C, i don't see you posting much about baseball, really.

18. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

We should make a collective effort to not respond to his posts. That would go a long way to making this forum saner.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ignorance, denial... With a wee bit of bot-like robot tendencies mixed within.

I'm going to discuss games with Siri from now on... Would probably contribute just as much, if not more.

20. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

If your definition of positive thoughts is to be quiet and not say anything bad of what is going on in a game, sorry, but some things are not positive.
    Is positive our record on April?
    is positive we did not have a guy warming up in the 7th?
    Those are realities but some of you guys can't and don't want to hear. Thats fine, but allow people to speak their minds, especially when is not against any forum members.
    Look, i am not the only one, there are others that say something and they get crushed because is NOT what you guys want to hear.

Not every fan is going to be a blind fan and not say the bad things from the team when they happen. Some of us are opinionated, and that is not wrong.
    Some guys don't take stands, or give opinions, thats fine.

I see some here that hate when i speak of Devenski or make fun, but few give an opinion about him. One forum member says he want him as a starter, good, but right now he is in the bullpen, take a stand and say if you think he should pitch against lefties in big situations, yes or no.

Those are baseball talk, and there is NOTHING WRONG about that.

What do you want, a forum where only 20 guys will write, and say all pretty things about our team, and that is what you call fun? Or a forum where people will disagree, but respecting each other.

The problem here is that many of you guys don't respect when others have a different opinion or a different way of expressing their thoughts.

I am not the one here b****ing about a forum member, i am here talking baseball.

I already have in my ignore list Beard and Mike as they don't talk baseball and instead reply to attact me.

Just talk baseball, thats all, baseball