1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Royals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 24, 2016.

1. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I am doing with you what i did with Beard, ignore list, and i think for the good of the forum, you should do the same with me.

I will continue to talk baseball respecting other forum members. If you can't do the same, for the good of the forum, don't reply to me and have me in your ignore list.

The ignore list is for that, to give the POWER to other to read what they want, and do otherwise if they wish.

You and 2 other forum member LOVE to attract when i don't say WHAT YOU WANT ME TO SAY or do it YOUR WAY. Are we living in the old Soviet Union? Or Cuba???? Are you kidding me??????
    Do you agree with those governments?????
    For those kind of words i believe you and your 2 buddies are bullies.

If someone is "different" either you change or leave. Wow, those words are DANGEROUS.

So, lets do it for the good of the forum, you put me in the ignore list, i will do the same to you, anyway, we seldomely talk about baseball so we are wasting our time and forum members, ok????
    Bye

2. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Tomorrow's ball game Shoemaker is pitching, righties are hitting .288 vs lefties .259, I think Gattis NEEDS to play. Who should be benched, Marwin or Reed?

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Only you would equate this to a communist country... and I think for the good of the forum, you should have probably just stuck with your decree to leave after the Reds series (rather than set a new record for posts/game during the Angels series).

I am far from the only one (or two) that has a problem with you. You're on the watchlist for the freakin forum moderators. And its everything... not just the what, but the how/why/where and in what sort of context of your posts that makes it a problem.

#763 Nick, Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    2 people like this.
  4. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Well said

Repped

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, why do you say no one was warming up? And besides, what did it matter? Your MUST sign player came in to face the lefties and failed. Hinch stayed with their most effective starter to try and get 2 right handers. Fister failed. It happens.

6. bobrek

By the way, I never knew you were the reason the Astros never won a World Series. Jerk. :)

7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should only play batters who will get hits, and pitchers who don't give up runs. My strategy is foolproof. What do you think?

Fister had set down 8 in a row (including the Royals 1-5 batter on his 3rd time through the order) and was well under 100 pitches on the day. Every single manager in the league leaves him in to start the 7th.

8. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Because the announcer said so, that no one was warming up. And no, my option was Devenski in that spot, and i've been saying that for a long time.
    Actually, i wanted Sipp yesterday, when we were leading by 8 because right now i don't trust Sipp, he will improve, but right now he is not pitching good.

I would have used Devenksi in that situation, trying to hold the game 2 to 1.

And, this is not the first time i've said that, i think Devenski is ready to pitch in big situations, today was one. Some time ago many asked me were would had Hinch be able to use Devenski? Well, today in the 7th, when the game was 2 to 1 with men on 1st. He can pitch to righties and lefties, so you don't need to look for matchups, he is good with both.

the 2 pitchers i would think twice before using them in high spots are Sipp and Giles, Neshek vs lefties. Others, i trust them, including Devenski.

I really think if Devenski was warming up, and used in the 7th, the game was going to end 2 to 1 or maybe with only 1 run behind, the game could had changed in favor of the Astros.

I trust more Devenski vs lefties than any other pitcher not named Harris, including our lonely left handed in the bullpen.

I feel it was a mistake by Hinch, not Fister, he was just out of gas, and the numbers say he struggles third time in the lineup, Hinch should had known better.

9. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I dont disagree on letting him start the 7th inning, but remember, Hosmer hit a ball that was not a homer because the wind was blowing in, but he tagged the ball in the 6th and there was also a line drive to 3b.

I don't mind him starting the 7th, my argument is not having Devenski warming up, or Neshek. Once Alicides got a single of him, then is time for Neshek or Devenski.

I do agree 100 percent on leaving Fister to start the 7th, is that Hinch needed to have a reliever ready for that inning just in case. Royals had a reliever warming up even tough Kennedy was spectacular.

10. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Castor, he's on my ignore list and I still had to avoid this forum all weekend. Sucks...

11. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

wow, and 2 of the 3 days everything was good about the Astros, incredible.

Then you are not a real fan, sorry

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As crazy as it sounds, I'm not used to the Astros losing. They had done such a good job of turning it around, and that streak was fantastic.

I never thought I'd say it after the beginning of this season. But it feels out of place for the Astros to have lost.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No, that's exactly his point... you've made this place throughly unenjoyable even in the midst of the best this team has played all year.

You even made it a point to say, "look guys, I'm posting when they win, see? I can do that, see???"

While this is far from the communist country comparison you made... there is a certain protocol/style/basic conversational skill manner that goes a long way in here. This is like your 7th or 8th chance... and you've somehow gotten worse over the last two years.

14. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yea I'm pretty crushed finding that out. Probably been to well over a thousand games in my life and now I know I have caused GMs to not put their best team out there because I didn't constantly flip out on a message board (even though they didn't exist a large majority of our existence) and force them to do better

I'm truly sorry city of Houston

15. bobrek

Yep...

16. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Considering the Royals have the best home record in baseball I'm very pleased with the Astros taking care of business and winning the series.

17. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Same for you Mr. Bobrek, you are 1 of the 3 that i think is best if we put ourselves in the ignore list.
    Look, i've seen Nick and Beard are writing, and i have not read, nor i will reply. I i think we should do the same for the good of the forum.

You guys have a dislike for me, and that is your prerrogative. I will put you in the ignore list and i think you should do the same, ok?

18. conquistador#11

this one is on me. i gave fister so much praise going into that 7th inning.
    sorry.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Reverse ignoring... Everybody get on his ignore list, and the problem will likely take care of itself.

20. Major

Major Member

Can you please just put everyone on the forum on your ignore list?

1 person likes this.