1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Royals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 24, 2016.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

pretty much all you do is wait to call Hinch an idiot. Fun poster!

2. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Agreeeeee, actually, lets hope he can turn it around in July!!!!!!!!!!!

I am worried with his fastball, he was throwing 86 in the 7th!!!!!!!!! With only 84 pitches!!!!!!!

Also, every thing, well, almost everything was high.

Right now he is our number 5 starter????

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yup...just cross our fingers, thats all that can be done. My issues are more internal...with every start, I go in expecting to see last year's Dallas, so it seems like Im getting let down a lot based on what I want to see. I'll remain optimistic for the rest of the year though.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Great offensive performance (for 2 innings haha) but Dallas definitely hasn't looked good. Imagine how good this team could be w a legit ace a la Dallas last year? If we win this series you have to think lunhow will look to trade for an ace near the deadline... We've been damn good for over a month. Wildcard is only a few games out.

Nice DP to end the 7th.

5. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Thank you Feldman, another inning for Feldman, pleaseeeeeee

6. kaleidosky

Oh man. That would be really rough to have those expectations from start to start. So much does hinge on expectations, and I didn't realize anyone might still be in that state of mind.

Personally, I'm calling any quality start a victory for Keuchel for the rest of the season, and thinking he goes on a mini-streak of good starts somewhere in the middle. And just hoping that mini-streak is when we need it the most.

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Colby likes hitting against this team, huh

8. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member

Colby Jack !!!!!

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I know, I have issues, lol.

10. Buck Turgidson

The modern era of baseball goes back over 100 years. Currently there's 2430 regular season games each year, adjust for expansion, adjust for the 156 game schedule. There's at least 17 or 18 half-innings in each game.

It would be more shocking if it had only happened once before.

11. conquistador#11

fister is the new dallas. so if we could get a kazmir that wont break down after 5 starts, that would be damn good.

12. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Actually, Fister, his fastball is not fast, but he is able to locate it, and down. Thats the difference between K and Fister so far.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Sure... and that wasn't the issue tonight.

Being in a strikes-aplenty throwing mode, when he's normally got a pretty unique zone (largely dependent on what the umps are giving him or not giving him), which involves nibbling and framing... is going to change the dynamics up quite a bit.

Also, there's been individual circumstances for the "one bad inning" phenomenon that has plagued him over 2-3 of his starts this year.... every game has been different.

14. MSBRockets

MSBRockets Member

This team is built on confidence. What helps is that they are young and talented. Early, the players put a lot of pressure on themselves (especially Keuchel and Correa). Regardless of who pitches in what inning, against what batter.. there shouldn't be any micro managing and second guessing with this team. They made the playoffs last year by playing free and this in this style.

I love that we have a manager who allows the players the chance to work through a funk, who sticks with the players we have, and can motivate them in a way that results in WINS (and that player producing). Trying to micromanage every single situation (calling up minor leaguers on a whim, or releasing players) with a young team would put this team back... We wouldn't be seeing the success we are now.

Go Astros.

1 person likes this.
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Did everybody in here miss his last start? And the start before that... which did include the carnival-like 5th inning where his defense let him down... but again, his stuff was as good as it had been all year.

16. conquistador#11

by saying that I meant, fister is our pseudo ace for the time being. it was not meant to actually compare throwing mechanics and pitches, my friend.:p

17. kaleidosky

swing on 3-0 no matter what! get a pitch to hit

18. Remix

Remix Member

******* Royals walked Springer!

No cycle :(

19. kaleidosky

bean 'em next time! ;)

20. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

I think part of K's problems stem from fact he's pitched almost double the innings from first two years to last two years (not including this year). 239 IP for 2012/2013 and 432 IP for 2014/2015. For total pitches, over 50% of his pitches came in last two years. That's a big increase, IMO, and could be one factor his velocity is down and he's not as accurate.