1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 21, 2017.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

2. HTM

HTM Member

Cool.

God forbid in a game thread I comment on a game! God forbid it's not positive! if someone hits a home-run I say letss gooo or something positive. If someone makes a poor play (that I see) that will get a negative comment. How dare I consider a marginal players Astros career as unimpressive to date!

Similarly with Harden, how dare I call him out for being largely disappointing in the playoffs during his time in Houston! I call it like I see it.

I'm a huge Houston sports fan. I wish everyone representing a Houston sports team the best. That doesn't mean they should be immune from criticism.

3. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

As an early hater of Yuli and even Jake Rogers in the minor league thread, I will say that me calling them out is obviously the reason they've turned their seasons around. I got my eye on Francis Martes too.

It's tough being a hater right now because so much is going well at the big league level. Although, following the TCB game threads Cangrejero hating on AJ Hinch over everything continues to make me 'lol'. He even dropped the old "my friend" in a prolonged, inane argument with another guy the other day. Phenomenal.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have yet to see you do anything BUT criticize. But whatever man, keep doing you. I'm gonna choose to be happy about what 2/3 of my sports teams are doing right now.

5. raining threes

Have you ever played competitive sports?

Nippystix and texans1095 like this.
  6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Those guys specifically, no. But I doubt Keuchel maintains a era <1, or the bull pen as a whole <2.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden is suspect in the postseason. This coincides with his general lack of clutchness (i.e. game winners, 4th Q FTs).

He's had his good moments, but overall thus far, he is suspect clutch.