1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 10, 2016.

1. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holy ****. Are you saying we should have somehow looked past his terrible spring training amidst an open competition for the rotation and not traded him? The ****ing team we traded him to, who is worse off than us, didn't even keep him! Get over it or go ****ing root for the Reds, dip****. Your hindsight uninformed hand wringing never had a course, but it ran it a long time ago.

Just go away.

2. cardpire

cardpire Member

would you trade Keuchel for Straily?

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

why can't you and others just think he's annoying and dumb or whatever else you think of him without losing your mind, or simply ignore him?

what's the big deal? he's a crazy astros fan. offers some interesting takes, some really stupid ones. is keyboard warrior vitriol really all that necessary?

he spices up the board a touch. some of you need anger management. he's a random username that you communicate with through message board posts, and you will never meet him in your life. how does one get so up in arms over said person?

2 people like this.
  4. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

5. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Nope, but i would like to have both

6. crose

Supporting Member

Thanks, guy. Didn't you lose your **** after the game one loss?

I guess we all have our own ways of navigating this frustrating season, huh?

7. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I look at numbers with A's, and minor league scouting.

My friend, i was at a fantasy league, where we needed to have 150 minor leaguers, so i started following high school, college players, and we needed to get 40 men roster, plus 25 with a cap.

I had Valbuena and Straily on my team, and thats why i know about them, because i had to research a lot about them because i traded for them.
    Straily was very good with the A's for 2 years, then was traded and never had a real chance last year with the Astros. This year, his last game on ST he was perfect, but then was traded for Kutz. I think it was a mistake, sorry.
    About Valbuena, i've always like him, i got him in a trade when he was with Seattle, and this guy is a very good bench player. He is not good for 600 at bats, but he is for 450-500.

8. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Wrong

When we play well you don't post, Castor put those stats up last week

You are horrible, you post both sides of stuff so you can say "hey look at me I'm right"

You are a troll w****, and a pretty good one

9. The Beard

Agree people shouldnt get mad about him, but sometimes it comes across wrong. I've been accused many times of getting mad at him and yet I'm laughing when I reply to him

The only thing you are wrong about is him being an astros fan. He ignores the board when things are going good as Castor posted

He isn't an Astros fan, he is a super troll

10. crose

Supporting Member

His last spring training game he had a WHIP of 1.5. Doesn't that fail your arbitrary threshold of what makes a good pitcher?

But now, since it advocates your delusion, I guess we'll call it perfect?

11. The Beard

Ah yes, the superstar fantasy GM

Would certainly know more about real baseball than guys like Luhnow and Hinch

Bahahahahaha

Castrated-troll

12. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Agree, but his last game, he was perfect.

Look, last year i was rooting for the guy, and believe me, some members laughed at it, so is my time to say, i told you so, he was good. I never liked the decision of pitching Wojo or Roberto Hernandez over him, for me it was a mistake.

I knew he was capable of pitching the way he is with the Reds.

13. crose

Supporting Member

No, his last game he had a WHIP of 1.5. Is that perfect or cause for being DFAd? You've now made both arguments.

14. Nook

Nook Member

What is more annoying than Cangrejero? Your non stop b****ing about him. We get it, you don't like him... It was obvious the first 250 times you responded to his posts.

2 people like this.
  15. cardpire

cardpire Member

guess so.

well i guess he is doing you a service by being your whipping boy then. maybe i should look at it that way.

16. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Let me tell you a little story, a long time ago i was writing in another astros fan forum, and i said, we should sign Bronson Arroyo, this guy is pitching in Puerto Rico and he and Irabu are really pitching great.

In that site we also had guys like the "beloved pest" and started dishing winter league and all of that, and you know what? Bronson had a very nice career after that year in Winter League.

Now, just so you don't get rattle with me, i use this forum to vent frustration with MY TEAM when is not playing good. I would NOT go to another forum to talk bad about my team, but in a forum where EVERYONE IS AN ASTROS FAN, i can talk freely.
    The problem is in every forum you will find guys that only want to hear nice things about the team or police forum members that will bully you not to talk things about the team if they don't like it. I understand it, because this is not the first forum i've seen that.

Some will say i am not an Astros fan, well my friend, i am a fan by CHOICE because i was not born in Houston, and my whole life i've been an Astros fan even tough we've only made the world series once. I will always be an Astros fan but i will call it as i see it, and i believe i have the right to do it as i've spend money to go to Houston and watch the Astros in Houston, even when we were really bad. I've been in the Astrodome and Minute Maid.

I like Luthnow a lot, but i believe he made a mistake with Straily.

17. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

My friend, I saw his last game, he was very good and i expected him to make the club as the long reliever.

He was good with the A's and even pitched in the playoffs for them as a starter.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

it actually makes sense. much like how i can't stop letting the astros piss me off and simply ignore them, you and others can't do the same with cangrejero.

fair enough.

19. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

And by the way, we've seen White Sox are making moves trying to get the WC or win division.
    First, Shields, and now Morneau was sign, yes another guy i wanted for our team. We have a major problem at 1st and we do NOTHING. I've been saying that since ST and right now we may have worse 1b combo in the majors. Morneau was batting champion 2 years ago, why not go after him?????

20. crose

Supporting Member

Exactly. Sorry, but after another disappointing loss, the last things I wanted read was how much we are missing Dan ****ing Straily and how Keuchel sucks.

I fell for it. My bad.

1 person likes this.