1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I have a lot of confidence in the offense even with the bad RISP batting and horrendous base running. As far as the regular season goes, there should not be much concern for the Astros as the Astros have a very deep and talented team (even if Whitley hasn't faced MLB batting yet) while 8-9 teams are in rebuild mode in the AL.

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Astros will win tonight behind a quality start by Cole and better hitting with RISP. And only because I'm going.

Joe Joe, eric.81 and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

You have a profound level of patience at this point in the season. Tell us your secret.

Never ok to lose

4. PhiSlammaJamma

I was thinking that we should bring back the just ok broadcast team. But Alan Ashby would bring the notch down too far. So we really need them to start winning.

5. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

They had better...I didn't spend $6 on a ticket to see them lose!

Hustle Town likes this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Just trying to think big picture.

The untimely hitting is frustrating though.

7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I think a big part of the problem with the hitters is many of them are behind schedule. Altuve and Bregman both had offseason surgery. Correa was recovering from his back injury. They didn't get to do their normal off season routines because they were rehabbing injuries. Springer had that thumb injury that was bothering him at the end of the season as well. Chirinos was being swamped in spring training trying to learn the pitching staff and catching way more than a veteran catcher would.

I think it might take a few weeks or a month for some of these guys to get back to their normal selves.

8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I miss the days when we won so much that I got tired of winning.

whiskeyred and everyday eddie like this.
  9. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

It feels like the Rockets when they started horribly, which felt like the Texans when they started horribly. This is what Houston does, and yet all three Houston teams are current division winners. It will be OK

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

We'll be seeing those days again soon enough. This team is too talented to have any real prolonged slump.

Houstunna, whiskeyred and lnchan like this.
  11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

We’re only 6 games in. This would be like the Rockets sitting at 1-2 or The Texans losing game 1 mid way through the 3rd quarter. The Astros are nowhere close to being off to a comparable start to either of those teams and its highly unlikely they’ll even approach that.

6 games in baseball is such a ridiculously small sample size that any kind of panic is completely ludicrous. I’d like to see some better hitting and of course wins but like you said, we will be ok.

Houstunna and whiskeyred like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

PS: Game is on the alternate channel
    [​IMG]

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Mariners aren't even that good. I think

Astros main competition outside the division (NYY, BOS) are also scuffling a bit, so that helps.

BigM likes this.
  14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

They aren’t. We will win the division by at least 10 games and the Mariners won’t be the team behind us.

Houstunna likes this.
  15. PhiSlammaJamma

Not a big fan of playing against the Minor leagues so early in the season, but we need the win any way we can get it.

16. Buck Turgidson

Pence in LF, Joey Gallo in center. I'd love to see lots of balls hit to those 2 today. Big fun.

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Ban home plate umpires. My god.

texans1095 likes this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I hate Altuve's approach. Swing wildly at the first two (often times) 0-2. Then to his credit often times gets the count to 3-2. But he leaves himself no room for mistakes getting down in the count early nearly every AB. Just not smart. But hey, he is Altuve.

Houstunna and texans1095 like this.
  19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I can't get over how bad the home plate umpires have been this series. Incredibly frustrating.

20. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Really really bad AB from Altuve. And then terrible call during Brantley’s AB.