1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 14, 2015.

1. TOP

TOP Member

Great comeback win last night. This team will be the death of me. So many thrilling wins and heartbreaking losses. Back and forth with the Angels only to have the Rangers right on our tail. With the Yankees and Blue Jays having gotten hot, as well as the Twins hanging around, it's been a roller coaster holding on to a playoff spot. I'm desperate to win the division at this point. A 1 game playoff after this season and being one and done would be tough to swallow.

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

smdh you had to post this

3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Please please please at least get a split here. Tonight is going to hold the key to this series in my opinion. Astros win and push the Rangers 2.5 back, the pressure is going to be right back square on them. Rangers win to get within 0.5, and they are going to be full of confidence.

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I think that speaks of our mindset as fans, more than the mindset of the team.

This team is comprised of a bunch of guys who haven't done a late sept run before, are playing with house money since they were "supposed" to be another year away, are young and full of it in a good way, have pulled themselves out from messes and late game situations all year, and already coughed up the division lead once post all star break and righted the ship.

I don't see a crisis of confidence with this group. They are probably too young and inexperienced to really know the gravity of the situation, that opportunities like this may not come often. I think they believe they will figure out a way to come out on top.

It's us, myself included, who feel the pressure building and almost can't take it anymore. I'm having trouble watching the games calmly and every pitch feels like it means EVERYTHING. It's wonderful and agonizing at the same time.

5. Major

Major Member

Totally agree with all of this - I suspect players generally have a much better sense of balance with all these things and don't react nearly as much to day-to-day things as fans do, especially with 3 weeks left in the season. In the last week or so, I could see it. Or if one team sweeps the series, I could see the other getting flustered the rest of the way. But I doubt players on either side freak out based on 1 game in Mid-September.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think we split. Keuchel and McHugh get us wins. Getting out of this trip still up 1.5 games will be awesome. We can then go home and put the division away while on the 9 game homestand.

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

These are the 2 matchups we must win, otherwise the Rangers could take the lead after this series.

9- 15 Collin McHugh, RHP vs. Martin Perez, LHP 7:05
    9-16 Dallas Keuchel, LHP vs. Derek Holland, LHP 7:05

8. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

****!!!!

You found us.

1 person likes this.
  9. Poloshirtbandit

I didn't really follow the game threads over the weekend. Can someone explain the Carlos Delgado thing?

10. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

12. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Any chance we see Duffy at first tonight?

Duffy-1B
    Marwin-LF
    Jake-CF

13. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Don't like all of these LHs against Hamels but I guess Marwin needs a day off.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Astros lineup <a href="http://t.co/iLZrfdG3NZ">pic.twitter.com/iLZrfdG3NZ</a></p>&mdash; Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/status/643526002484871172">September 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Basically don't like seeing Valbuena in there.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Slight change

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. cardpire

cardpire Member

Somebody explain to me the Delgado joke. I've been skipping reading so much of the cag-infested threads that I assume it's something I must have missed.

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

seriously what the hell is up with that?

18. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... good thing, clearly Marwin would wear away :rolleyes:

It is Hinch and his decision, for good or bad.

19. bobrek

Curious about Valbuena vs. Gonzales. Small sample size, but Gattis does have two HRs in 9 at bats against Hamels.

20. bobrek

When the Astros vs. Angels thread was created, this was the first reply:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10001127&postcount=2