1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official}Astros or former Astros named in Mitchell report

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 13, 2007.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I'll throw away those glasses. The Astros-colored ones. You know...that color that resides on the light spectrum between "Diamondbacks" and "Postage Stamps."

I already admitted that it was likely a bit naive to believe Bagwell never used. I DON'T think that it makes me ignorant, naive, or any of the other insulting term to HOPE that Bagwell wasn't because he was my Houston sports hero growing up. But I'm sure you'll find some other clever way to deride those sentiments as well.

2. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So does that mean some of you Bond haters will raise up off his peter now? He is basically being convicted in the public based on hearsay, similar to what this report is….

Let’s not be hypocritical now people!!!!!!!!!

4. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

That list is completely made up. It contradicts a number of other leaked reports as to who would be on the list. come on' Rich Garces? lol Just wait an hour and you'll get the real list

5. wrath_of_khan

You mean actually be productive at work for an hour? :D

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Well, he is in the Red Sox front office. Conflict of intrest?

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We don't know what this report is yet...

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Wally Joyner?!?!?

Neifi Perez??!?!?!?

that's two punch-n-judies right there.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Could have been for faster injury recovery. Didn't Perez throw his back out sneezing? Or was that Mark Lansing?

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I bet Adam Everett and Scott Posednik were all roided up with the power numbers they had.. And the league should've allowed Lidge to take steroids given how much of a basket case he was. ;) ;)

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You mean the hearsay that came from Bonds own lips when he admitted using the "cream" and the "clear"?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

FWIW that list was posted from rotoworld I think.

13. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

I just want to see how many of these guys (if any) sue the creators of this report.

14. trickywhiteguy

Miguel Tejada was just named in the report by the espn reporter

15. RedRaiderRocket

Proud Supporter of the Houston Astroids! :cool:

16. wrath_of_khan

Posted this in another thread:

I scanned the PDF of the report, and searches for "Biggio", "Luis Gonzales," "Kile," and "Finley" come up negative.

Tejada's section is pretty juicy, tho. :(

(no pun intended)

17. updawg

updawg Member

he was only shooting up B12 ;)

18. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Toward the end of the road trip which included the Marlins series, or shortly after the Blue Jays returned home to Toronto, Clemens approached McNamee and, for the first time, brought up the subject of using steroids. Clemens said that he was not able to inject himself, and he asked for McNamee’s help. Later that summer, Clemens asked McNamee to inject him with Winstrol, which Clemens supplied. McNamee knew the substance was Winstrol because the vials Clemens gave him were so labeled. McNamee injected Clemens approximately four times in the buttocks over a several-week period with needles that Clemens provided. Each incident took place in Clemens’s apartment at the SkyDome.

That's what I call a love connection. :D

19. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Apparently, no one has first hand knowledge that Tejada actually used steriods. Likely means no suspension. But the cloud is there.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

from The Michell Report :

Miguel Tejada is a shortstop who has played for two teams in Major League Baseball since 1997, the Oakland Athletics (7 seasons) and Baltimore Orioles (4 seasons). He was the American League Most Valuable Player in 2002. He played in every game from June 2, 2000 until June 21, 2007, the fifth longest streak of consecutive games played in Major League Baseball history. Tejada has played in four All-Star games and was the Most Valuable Player of the 2005 All-Star game.

In 2003, Adam Piatt’s locker was located next to Tejada’s in the Oakland Athletics clubhouse. According to Piatt, Tejada asked specifically if he had any steroids. Piatt believed that Tejada asked him because Piatt was in good shape and generally friendly with him

Piatt had several conversations with Tejada before a transaction occurred. Piatt admitted he had access to steroids and human growth hormone and agreed to obtain them for Tejada. Piatt recalled that he provided Tejada with testosterone or Deca-Durabolin, as well as human growth hormone. Piatt emphasized that he did not know whether Tejada actually used the substances.

Piatt’s bank provided two checks deposited into Piatt’s account that had been written to him from Miguel Tejada. The checks are dated March 21, 2003 and are in the amounts of $3,100 and $3,200 respectively.

Separately, before our interviews of him, Piatt also spoke with federal agents by telephone. Piatt had his personal lawyer present for this call, as he did in his meetings with me and my investigative staff. The federal agents later advised my staff that Piatt also informed them of Piatt’s sales to Tejada during their telephone interview.

Radomski recalled receiving a call from Piatt during which he said he needed extra testosterone because “one of the guys wanted some.” In a later conversation, Piatt told Radomski that the testosterone was for his teammate, Miguel Tejada. Radomski never spoke, or sold performance enhancing substances, directly to Tejada. Radomski provided this information to me without knowledge that I had spoken to Piatt or that I was otherwise aware of Piatt’s alleged sales to Tejada. Similarly, Piatt was unaware of any statements by Radomski on this subject when he was interviewed by my investigative staff.

As discussed earlier in this report, Tejada was interviewed as part of a congressional investigation into whether Rafael Palmeiro had lied under oath about his use of performance enhancing substances during a March 17, 2005 congressional committee hearing.408 In that investigation, Palmeiro said he had received injectable, and legal, vitamin B12 from Tejada; Palmeiro said it was possible the vitamin B12 had been tainted and had been the reason
    for his positive test for steroids. Tejada admitted to investigators that he provided injectable vitamin B12 to Palmeiro and two other unidentified Orioles players during the 2005 season. The congressional report said that the Players Association had tested another vial of vitamin B12 provided by Tejada and it showed no signs of steroids.409

Tejada is also mentioned in two books on the subject. In Juicing the Game, the author Howard Bryant wrote that during the 2002 season, an airport security screener found a syringe in Tejada’s briefcase. Tejada reportedly explained that he received a supply of vitamin B12 from the Dominican Republic that he administered to himself.410 Mickey Morabito, the director of team travel for the Oakland Athletics, confirmed the incident in an interview with my
    investigative staff. He acknowledged that he did not report the incident to anyone with the club or the Commissioner’s Office.

In his book Juiced, Jose Canseco wrote that, in 1997, when he and Tejada were teammates on the Athletics, they discussed the use of performance enhancing substances:

Tejada denied that he had ever had any discussions with Canseco about steroids. He was further reported to say: “I work very hard to keep in shape and any suggestion that I use steroids, or any banned substance is insulting and not worth discussing further.”412

In December 2005, Texas Rangers owner Thomas O. Hicks and general manager Jon Daniels engaged in an email exchange about possible trade discussions. In one email, Daniels stated that he had “some steroids concerns with Tejada,” and cited Tejada’s decreased productivity over the second half of the 2005 season.413

In order to provide Tejada with information about these allegations and to give him an opportunity to respond, I asked him to meet with me; he declined.

#100 No Worries, Dec 13, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2007