1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

While Backe had a great game, his 7th inning was actually our undoing. He got a little rattled after walking the 1st guy, and then gave up a big 2B to their #8 hitter.

With us only having only a 2 run lead, that situation is as dangerous as it comes, no matter who is coming out for your middle-releif.

In hindsight, Brandon probably should have been lifted after his walk... but that's just the old Jimy Williams inside of me that still hasn't left. ;)

2. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

What sucks for me is im in NYC and I cant even watch my Stros,cause Time Warner cable doesnt carry the MSG channel anymore...which showed Mets games and League pass blacks local games out :(

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

adw, the game is on FSN New York.

Edit: Is there a difference b/w MSG and FSN New York? I'm watching on MLB TV.

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I feel a Scott home run coming up.

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Got a good feeling about Luke right here.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So much for your good feelings. Astros got swept!

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Ahhh, the Astros just got ass raped by Beltran again.

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

First sweep by Mets against Stros at Shea since 1992.

9. fya

fya Member

Maclane needs to sell this team.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Yep. Him and Ausmus are frustrating to watch at the plate. Good thing that Backe and Clemens can hit.

11. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Shea Stadium has to be the hardest place in MLB to hit a homerun. Biggio, Lane, and Ensberg (yesterday) all smoked the ball but it just turned into a routine flyout. Im glad to get the hell out of that place.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Its a bigger ballpark... but the cold weather probably had more to do with the lack of HR's, rather than the dimensions.

When it heats up there, the balls go flying.

13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Freaking pathetic ... When is Garner going to realize this lineup is not working, and it will never work?

We have had nothing that even comes close to resembling a clutch hit this season.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Freaking pathetic ... When is PURPURA/DMc going to realize this lineup is not working, and it will never work?

15. deepellumrocket

Wed 6 April - Two-run triple by Mike Lamb in the bottom of the 8th to extend a 2-1 lead to 4-1.

Fri 8 April - Roger Clemens breaks a 1-1 tie in the 6th with an infield hit up the middle.

Sat 9 April - Jose Vizcaino caps a comeback from a 3-run deficit by driving in Willie Tavarez from first base with a double in the 9th inning.

Sun 10 April - Jeff Bagwell hits a 2-run homer to break a 2-2 fifth inning tie.

16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

That was a tough series, excellent pitching and no run support. Ausmus is going through a tough stretch, I think it may be time to start looking for alternatives. I think he is hitting .095 and it would be hard to do worse then that. I am willing to give the young guys alot of rope to prove themselves becuase we will never know how they will do until at least halfway throuigh the season but I like what I see so far.

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Fockers....

18. fya

fya Member

LOL, exactly.

Thanks MClame for plan "b".