1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Astros @ Mets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Nice game, wish we would see this Backe every night.

David finally got his first HR of the seaosn too.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

^

Agreed. I know Backe is capable. I just wonder how much longer they can deal with the inconsistency. He needs to be in a position to battle for his rotation spot next spring. It will be good for him. He hasn't had to fight for that spot since 05

3. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I know Berkman has not been good against Perez but how can you sit him after the way he stroked the ball last nite. Some of these decisions by Coop just confuse me.

4. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Wow, Randy Wolf sucks badly. Please don't bring him back next year Wade.

5. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Pence got all of that pitch. Now lets hope that Wolf does not give it all back next inning.

I wouldnt mind having Wolf back, but only as a fifth starter. In my opinion, the Astros need to get two legitimate starters. Ideally, two out of the following three: Sheets, Pettitte, and Burnett. I know that is a pipe dream but it somehow McClane can pull it off the Astros would be serious World Series contenders.

Could you imagine having a rotation of:

Oswalt
    Sheets
    Pettitte/Burnett
    Rodriguez
    Moehler/Wolf

6. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Good job Sampson!

7. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

BRAD AUSMUS WITH THE BOMB!!!

8. Landlord Landry

huh? :confused:

Haven't the Stros won every game he's started since he's been here? I'd rather see Wolf in the rotation, than Backe.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

All but one. They lost the Sabathia game...

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Wade loves Wolf, so prepare for the worst. Wolf is just another back of the order Astro pitcher. I hope that they do not overpay.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Glad we're still winning. Even if we don't make it, it's fun playing spoiler when playing better teams.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nonetheless, he has been the most consistent "back of the order Astro pitcher" when compared to the rest of these guys.

Right now, they have a potential #3/#4 guy in Moehler... and a bunch of #5's in Wandy, Backe, Wolf, etc. Moehler also has the higher potential for arm trouble which would bump him back to the pack.

I wouldn't mind Wolf over the other guys... he's had more success before, is left-handed, and seems to have taken to a new environment. But, I agree that we shouldn't overpay.

13. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

5-1 vs the Mets! Mr. Metstien can't be too happy about that