1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

All series talk goes in here. Non series talk goes somewhere else. No PBP, that can be found from other sources if you need it. All games are broadcast on AT&T Sports SW unless otherwise noted.

6-3 Corbin Martin (R) vs. Wade LeBlanc (L) 9:00 ESPN

6-4 Wade Miley (L) vs. TBD 9:10

6-5 Brad Peacock (R) vs. Mike Leake (R) 9:10

6-6 Justin Verlander (R) vs. Tommy Milone (L) 2:40

whathappened likes this.
  2. HTM

HTM Member

Let’s go Astros. I hope the boys can keep it going even with all the injuries.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

LWLW and roll out.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Their pitching from top to bottom is trash. Frankly their entire team is trash since the 13-2 start (12-35 since). This is the Seattle team we expected once they dumped their best players this offseason.

Even in our diminished state we should still take 3 of 4.

Marteen, AB423 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

No

6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Looks like Astros have the starting pitching advantage every game. I know Leblanc had a good game against the Stros earlier in the season, but he's been worse than Martin since then. Offenses are probably comparable at this point.

7. The Drake

The Drake Member

4 game sweep incoming

edit: by the astros

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Luhnow was on his regular spot for 790 last week and mentioned this game as likely Martin's last shot at keeping his spot. He said he wanted to give Martin 5 starts at least and this is #5. I feel like he's going to have to go at least 5 today. Can't have him going 3 again a day after an extra innings game.

9. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

3 out of 4 seems disappointed. But with Martin going, who knows. I like our chances last 3 games. 7-0 road trip would be awesome but I’ll take 6-1 anytime. Win next 4 and 3 Baltimore at home, that would be our 3rd 10 games winning streak. Very doable. Month of June schedule set up well for us until yanks series in late-June. I would be fine if we can split with Milwaukee. Looking forward to watching Yelich at MMP.

10. Bob Barker 007

We take three of four thanks to:

[​IMG]

11. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

Wondering if they would drop Martin to long relief and send Brady Rodgers back down. I think Rodgers has only pitched one game since he was called up 10 days ago. Just taking a roster spot up at this point.

12. Buck Turgidson

I hate to say this, and yall can blame me later, but even Mitch ****ing Haniger has been terrible recently.

Marteen likes this.
  13. Projecks15

Projecks15 Member

Outside his fluke Mother’s Day game he’s been absolutely abysmal. He’s not ready yet and should be send back down.

raining threes likes this.
  14. HTown2017Champs

WWLW

Today Leblanc is pitching. He has been terrible in his last few starts. The bats pick up Martin to give him his second win (5 IP, 4 ER against a struggling lineup). LeBlanc knocked out during the 3rd inning.

Miley continues his strong season, Astros light up the Mariners bullpen day pitchers.

Tough luck loss. Leake barely outduels Peacock for the token Mariner win.

JV day, bats pick up his 8 IP gem as he continues to climb up the K leaderboard.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

2019 Mariners are on pace to give up the 2nd most homers ever.
    2019 Orioles are on pace to give up the most homers ever.

So what's the Astros record for homers over a 7-game period?

16. Marteen

Marteen Member

4-3 because baseball.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  17. plee

plee Member

He also mentioned that they want to give him more chances if it doesn't cause too many loses and that he faced some pretty tough teams. I think they will give him at least 3 or 4 more games.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  18. SemisolidSnake

I've written plenty of posts over the years observing that Luhnow and Hinch give players plenty of chances to prove or disprove themselves, but it's very refreshing to just straight up hear it from the man himself. Five starts is very generous. And it's plenty of data to satisfy anyone who isn't sure what to do with him. Even Corbin Martin will clearly understand he's not ready yet if he pitches like he has in the past three games.

It's one of the underappreciated strengths of the organization: no drama when someone gets sent down or away, because there's nothing to argue.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. HTown2017Champs

Not surprised. Harris, Pressly, and Osuna certainly look tired and can use much-needed rest. Not having today (draft day) off like most other teams sucks. :(