1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Mattician

Mattician Member

2. Field Goal Gary

This cannot be understated!!!

Pen15clubber and Rockets Pride like this.
  3. Field Goal Gary

Who was he with last year?

PhiSlamma15 and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. raining threes

I stand by what I said Peacock is better than Fiers.

PhiSlamma15 and DudeWah like this.
  5. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Seattle...

6. theh

theh Member

3rd inning: Time to blow it up
    7th inning: We going to the World Series!!

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

16 hits: 13 singles, 3 doubles

Pen15clubber and texans1095 like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I turned the game off as soon as springer didn't hit a lead off home run. I only care about those and Westbrook triple doubles

Nook, PhiSlamma15, Rodman23 and 4 others like this.
  10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Just logged on since yesterday. I watched the game and all I could think about was: "I can't wait to get on this thread tomorrow and watch the whirlwind of emotions that went on during this game lol, should be a good read."

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I was a bit annoyed at the continued baserunning gaffes (Correa running through a stop sign for the 3rd out when bases would've remained loaded). But man is it good to see everyone start to come alive. Fiers had better get his s*** together or he's going to be the odd man out when McHugh comes back (though I honestly think they'll just send Musgrove back to AAA). Peacock has been surprisingly good. If he keeps it up, we have 3 pen guys that can go 3+ innings. That's huge.

12. toycannon

toycannon Member

I'm happy we are taking care of business in Seattle. It was not looking good at the beginning, but they rally big for the win!!

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I didn't see the game, but can anyone actually confirm that Pettis knows how to put up a stop signal. Heck, Correa probably has never seen it before from Pettis and had no idea what Pettis was trying to say.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  14. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

Agreed on this. Happy for Peacock, he's been a whipping boy on this board for several years now. Hope he keeps it up. Had a nice month last September when Keuchel went down with an injury, and he's kept it going this year. And we will need relievers to pitch 3+ innings plenty of times this year, as we've already seen in the first two weeks of the season.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This explosion was an inevitability, not a revelation.

Altuve is too damn good to be kept down for long. Bregman and Gurriel are still question marks, but they are certainly better than the trash output they've shown so far. Reddick finally got himself a righty,

The numbers are still well below expectations for most of the primaries, and we still have the 4th best OPS in the AL, and a 6-4 record.

texans1095 likes this.
  16. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Bats finally wake up...only to have a day off. That sucks.

17. Field Goal Gary

Do yall realize that after the humble start at the plate, the Astros are tied for 2nd in hits in the majors with 93?

On a side note...playing in the west div sux! Hate staying up til past 12 for the end of a game but just couldn't quit them last night after it was apparent the bats woke up!

Yaosthirdleg and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  18. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

He initially waved him home when it looked like Gurriel's hit was going to head into CF (it was a rope Cano managed to somehow smother). As soon as he realized Cano had knocked the ball down, he threw up the stop sign - but Correa had his head down and ran right through it. Root Sports had a perfect angle on it.

Just a mix-up - nothing to be upset about.

Correa also nearly got thrown out at home a second time on the wild pitch, which took an odd, favorable bounce and Seattle had him but the pitcher couldn't hold on to the ball after applying the tag.

I've long believed the Astros are employing Little League strategy - force the other team to make plays.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  19. rockets018

rockets018 Member

I'm afraid it's not the little league strategy, but a lack of discipline. To force an MLB team to make plays is a dangerous and likely losing proposition.

mick fry likes this.
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

There was nothing wrong with Correa trying to score on the WP even if he was probably out had the pitcher cleanly fielded the throw. It was a fluke that the ball not only didn't go as far as it should and that it bounced perfectly to the catcher.