1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 25, 2016.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Maybe they are starting to worry that Gomez won't turn it around, and want Jake to play everyday for a week or so in case they do make a move, he would have gotten some regular at bats?

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Marisnick will playing everyday for the next week ... at AAA.

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think that was what he was implying.

4. The Beard

Right, that's what i'm saying

No idea if i'm right, but Jake hasn't gotten much playing time since spring, so maybe they want him to play everyday for 10 days or so, see if Gomez shows any signs of getting better in that time, and if he still looks like he has then Jake would be more ready to take on a larger role

5. The Beard

Anyone have any idea what time the Stros got into Seattle? Has to be at least a 3.5 HR flight I would guess? Can't imagine they got out of here before 2 AM

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Only thing they have going for them is they gain 2 hours by going there... but their internal clocks likely don't get adjusted for a couple of days, so I'm fully expecting some sluggishness tonight (or, they simply surprise everybody... with their young spry selves... and put up a 7-spot on Walker).

Still can't figure out why they (or anybody else) would consider it a good idea to have a team travel to Seattle (typically the furthest travel destination for all teams) following a night game in Houston. I know schedule-making isn't an exact science.... then again, there's a ton of games/times available (especially with these stadiums being used for very little else besides baseball) to try and work issues like this out.

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mariners-Astros lineups, 7:10 pm PT at Safeco. <a href="https://t.co/p3fQgqqLfk">pic.twitter.com/p3fQgqqLfk</a></p>&mdash; Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) <a href="https://twitter.com/GregJohnsMLB/status/724717067841114112">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

It does not make any difference, we have made ALL excuses possible, cold weather, on the road, at home playing good teams, and now traveling, so we are not going to win many games but we sure can make excuses, we are top team doing that

9. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Hinch is the worse manager in baseball, this team is not hitting and he takes Marwin out of the lineup, one of the best hitter yesterday, and hitting .296 in last 14 games.

Career numbers, Walker lefties hit .247 and righties .236, so he uses White a right handed struggling hitter and sits a left handed hitter hitting almost .300 in last 14 games.

That is Hinch for you, EVERY GAME at least one mistake

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Pretty rich, coming from the person who already presumes every game is a lost cause at just the slightest bit of adversity (and yet you come trotting back whenever the game becomes close again or the outcome is favorable).

By default, you would have missed out on two of the greatest stretches/seasons in franchise history, because you'd have already given up.

As hard as I try not to put you on ignore... you're actually getting more repetitive and worse at this.

11. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Different pieces work on different days, but nothing works together on a given day, hence the record :(

12. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Honest question: Are the highs as high for you as the lows are low? Because man...I'm starting to wonder if following the Astros is even good for your health. Do you get any enjoyment out of following the team at all?

I get that it's a fan site and we should all be allowed to vent to each other when we need to....but you're totally on another planet with the negativity.

13. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

One question my friend, who should be playing tonight, White or Gonzalez???

14. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

My question is, who should start tonight, Marwin or White????

Right handed pitcher, Marwin hits lefty and righty, and for the past 14 games hitting .296.

Ok, you can dish all you want against me, but am i wrong? Should Marwin start tonight or White???

15. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I'm not bagging on you man. I just want to know if you enjoy being a fan. It's really hard to tell here.

And I'd start White. It's Valbuena that I'd sit and have Marwin at 3rd.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Tyler White.

You pick the most random ass stats. BTW, Marwin has struck out 10 times in his 23 PAs against RHP this season and hitting a robust .174/.174/.217 against them.

17. The Beard

Quick question for anyone who might know

How do you "dish against" someone?

Just trying to follow along

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Valbuena actually has the higher OPS this season, though his quality OBP is wasted at the back end of the lineup, because Kratz is worse than a pitcher.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Astros bullpen has posted a 2.62 ERA in its last 14 games.</p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/724732662489878532">April 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Thats because he started 1 for 10 (Yankees stadium and Brewers) after that first week the dude is ONLY hitting .350