1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 22, 2014.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Grossman up Hoes optioned Grossman to be everyday LF</p>&mdash; Evan Drellich (@EvanDrellich) <a href="https://twitter.com/EvanDrellich/statuses/470699610940243970">May 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I'm ok with this. We have too many AAAA quality OFs to count, I guess the circle continues until Santana is ready.

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

If it wasn't 100% already, this would seem to lock in stone that Singleton isn't coming up until the Super Two issue passes in June. Krauss has bad season-long numbers, but he's been respectable in May, and the only "bad" 1B/OF starter of late has been Presley. So with Grossman coming back up, the Presley issue is now resolved, and you have to think Bob gets a solid look for at least a couple of weeks. Same for Krauss, since he's perked up of late. And once those couple weeks pass, you'll already be around June 10, so...

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

With his lack of playing time, it needed to happen I suppose. I've been disgusted watching Presley start over him.

5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Ryan Divish covers the Mariners for the Seattle Times.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McClendon on Keuchel: &quot;I saw avg. stuff. We didn't swing the bats very good. At some pt, you have to stop giving credit to avg pitchers.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) <a href="https://twitter.com/RyanDivish/statuses/470702622194671616">May 25, 2014</a></blockquote>

[​IMG]

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

Jesus! What the ****? Why he hate Dallas?

Use the excuse of your roster sucking ass instead maybe, if you really want to take credit away from him.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

That average pitcher has a lower ERA & WHIP than Felix Hernandez.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Maybe he was talking about Cano.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

"At some point, you have to stop giving credit to average pitchers".

WTF :mad:

What a douche.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Springer is in the zone. Those powerful swings finally connecting with the ball.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Seattle is still in denial.

12. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

Amazing how one real good pitcher, a leadoff hitter that gets on base, and a bigtime power hitter can make a team look so much better.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

True. I dont like springer hitting second anymnore though. he should at least be hitting third. Porter needs to have 2 speed guys going 1 and 2, similar to Tampa a few years back with Crawford and Upton.

Altuve
    Fowler
    Springer
    Domingues
    Castro

14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lately, Stros are winning and Springer is driving in runs. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

By lately, I mean once Springer moved into the 2 hole.

15. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

It's also hilarious coming from a former player who was average to actually below average/crappy.

Guy just seems like a douche from some other articles I have read.

16. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So to quote one of rap's historic legends,

G'S UP HOES DOWN

1 person likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Didn't he say the same thing about McHugh when he struck out a bunch of Mariners? I think he's just saying his team sucks.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If one is good, two is better.

Im not against keeping it the same but it's not like we're winning at a high clip. They're barely figuring out how to win at this point in time. We really rely too heavily on the long ball also. Most of our wins this year came off a hot player at that moment in time and blasted a HR. So, if thats the case might as well take advantage of more base runners.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Just a week and a half ago, Fowler was on an incredible hot streak which was the impetus for putting him in the 3 spot. Before that, Dominguez was on fire. Now, Springer is on a hot streak. Altuve has been the constant that keeps it all-together.

I'd much rather have a consistent/producing lineup vs. the daily shuffle that Porter was doing simply trying to find something that worked.

Just like it was dumb to get all down on Springer after 20 or so games.... its equally as irresponsible to say he's going to duplicate this month (and the 15+ great games) for the rest of his career. It was probably a mistake to put him the 4 spot to start his career... let them see how he deals with his first extended run of success of his career before they put him in the #1 prime lineup position.

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;I saw average stuff.&quot; Maybe Lloyd would be a better manager if he watched the game his team was playing.</p>&mdash; keithlaw (@keithlaw) <a href="https://twitter.com/keithlaw/statuses/470777143090483201">May 26, 2014</a></blockquote>