1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Diamondbacks

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 2, 2015.

1. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

The Diamondbacks shouldn't be taken lightly. They're on a 4 game winning streak. Also, Keuchel hasn't been lights out on the road so you never know what can happen tonight. And lets not forget that our pitchers will be getting some at bats this series. Anyone know what Brandon Backe is up to?? lol

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This entire funk, all the losses, we are still in good shape. If we can't win this series we flat out don't deserve it.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Guessing tonight's lineup.

Altuve
    Springer
    Correa
    Rasmus
    Carter
    Gomez
    Valbuena
    Castro
    Keuchel

5. Mattician

Mattician Member

Let's go Astros!

6. Mattician

Mattician Member

7. the shark

the shark Member

Yep just read the article and noticed that as well.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Someone correct me but if Texas beats LAA tonight and tomorrow afternoon and we win tonight, we'd have the 2nd spot before tomorrow's game? Or regardlesss we stil have to win 2? Someone mentioned this but wasn't sure about how it worked.

9. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Well we still have the Twins, who are tied with the Angels, to worry about. But just looking at the Angels, yes, I believe you're correct. We would be 85-75 with 2 left, Angels would be 83-78 with 1 left, i.e. the worst we would finish is 85-77, still ahead of the Angels.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Definitely need to be Royals fans tonight and tomorrow. KC vs Minny is also tomorrow at noon, same time as the Rangers vs Angels. So, yes, if both the Twins and Angels lose tonight and tomorrow afternoon, we would clinch a playoff spot. The only think left in the air might be if there's a chance to catch the Yankees and get the WC game at home.

IF that happens, would anyone be against not throwing McHugh out there on Sat night and saving him for Tuesday?

11. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

That would be interesting. Have VV prepare for the day like he is starting and just pick one once those games are decided... I am for it. Delgado would do it.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Delgado is a smart man.

13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

So the biggest question for this series is:

If/when the Astros clinch, do we celebrate in Center field with a pool party?

14. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Getting beat up by police officers.

Allegedly

15. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

I wonder how many sports bars are going to have the game on a screen big enough to watch on Sunday with the Texans game on at the same time.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Damnit Astros give me something to believe in. Get this done.

17. Nook

Nook Member

They don't need any pool parties... They coughed up a division lead and likely at best have to play a one game playoff. Rangers were 8 out on August 3, something like 4 teams have made up an 8 game or more deficit that late in the last 35 years.

18. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

OK the actual question was more or less facetious, but you are crazy if you don't think they will or should celebrate a WC birth. Making the playoffs is tough, and while I agree not making the playoffs would be a complete and utter failure, there is nothing wrong with celebrating a WC spot. I don't really count a WC round loss as making the playoffs, but I do think it makes for a successful season.

If the Astros can take the WC spot, they will have done so on the back of a 6 game road trip where they have been awful away from home the entire season. It is certainly an accomplishment and sign of good things to come.

The Astros have played poorly, but you should also give a little credit to the Rangers and Angels who both have Top 3 records in September to take advantage of the Astros slide.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is clinching a wildcard considered making the playoffs...technically speaking?

20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yes it is.