1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Cubs

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 21, 2013.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is it weird to think I'll miss games like this at Wrigley (and Colorado for that matter)?

I guess we'll have our share of offensive explosions up in Arlington (hoping we dish out our fair share as well)....

2. HookemHorns1250

I didn't get to see the game yesterday, but it sounds like Jordan didn't have the sharpest defense behind him that game. It'll be interesting to see how he responds to this type of game after being extremely successful for quite a few outings.

Also, another solid game for Castro, which I can't stress enough how happy I am to see him start to succeed. If he could turn out to be a .280 hitter, 20 HR's a year, I'd lose my mind. I love his presence at the plate, and now he's starting to trust his bat instead of looking just to work the count each and every time, and is starting to turn on that inside fastball, which was a killer to him for so long.

Also saw that Carter had himself another solid game. He's a frustrating player to watch. The raw power is there, he just has to be able to go away with that outside slider, or lay off of it, or he'll be another Jason Lane with more pop. I really...hope he can work hard on that and get his average up to .260 by the end of the year, which would be extremely nice to see if his power numbers climb.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Colorado is our geographic rival. Yep, out of all the teams in the NL that the Astros have history, we got lucky.

In all seriousness, I would think Milwaukee would be a better rival.

4. XIrocket

XIrocket Member

was at the Saturday game in Chicago pleasure meeting quite a few fellow stros fans! and we won

5. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

I like this a lot:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Much depends on <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Astros&amp;src=hash">#Astros</a>' roster after July 31. But club will consider Jose Cisnero for closer role if he stays on path, there's an opening.</p>&mdash; Brian T. Smith (@ChronAstros) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChronAstros/statuses/349239299658625024">June 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How about Cisnero for setup man right now?

More of Clemens & Cisnero

7. boozle222

It seems like he has dethroned Ambriz as the lead set up man for now.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wade LeBlanc DFA
    Marwin to OKC

9. juicystream

Wait, who did we add?

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Could we see Jonathan Villar in Houston soon?</p>&mdash; Brian McTaggart (@brianmctaggart) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/statuses/349288630541492224">June 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. juicystream

Call me a skeptic, but Villar (and Elmore) are already on the 40 man roster. Why the LeBlanc move if him?

12. juicystream

I'll guess:

Villar & Stoffel

Villar or Elmore is a lock, IMO.

13. boozle222

[​IMG]

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Can we move this discussion to the Player movement thread?