1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Brewers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 29, 2011.

1. what

what Member

Heere we go. Altuve time!

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

IDK. He had 2 great seasons in the minors after really struggling his first 2. Then he got accused of using HGH and was suspended 50 games by MLB. Next thing you know he was the Braves opening day starter, and has done nothing since. Maybe its confidence, maybe his success was in large part due to HGH usage. I'd be shocked if he is still in the majors in 2 years.

3. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, good try. That weak 2nd strike call made it tough for Altuve.

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I love it! Rangers on FSN Houston.

5. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Nice little manufactured run there off of K-Rod. Leadoff walk, then FC allows Jason to reach. He steals second, then third and then scores on a wild pitch. Tie game headed to the ninth.

6. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Leadoff single that is, not leadoff walk.

7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Sigh. If the Astros were to have even an passably average bullpen, how many more games would they win?

8. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Well, the Astros bullpen has actually been quite good recently, but I get your bigger point. Right now, the Astros are shuffling random, nondescript relievers in and out of the bullpen. If you were to take the names and numbers off the jerseys, I'm not sure I could name any of the Astros relievers.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Astros and Rangers are both in our coverage TV area. So basically I'm a Rangers fan now.