1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Brewers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 30, 2008.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I concede. England has spread it's seed everywhere.

We are your byproduct as is American slavery, killing off the native indians, stealing land and resources, etc...

2. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Oh, and your version of "football" is just an adaptation of the English game of Rugby. We invented all of your sports lol

3. BrooksBall

You guys also drowned millions of innocent people in the Atlantic ocean or stuffed them in the bottom of coffin ships if they weren't thrown overboard...

You have to take credit for everything, not just baseball and football. ;)

Are you still laughing out loud?

4. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

We also invented civilisation as you know it. I don't know where the hatred of Britain comes from from certain people. Yes, our ancestors may have done some brutal things, but you can't tell me the rest of the world were innocent bystanders.

Back then it was fight or die. War was a commonplace thing. If we didn't win wars as we did, then we would have lost them and it would simply have been another country that had to face endless accusations of being savages. It's not our fault that we emerged as the most powerful nation. Perhaps it's jealousy?

5. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

I'm done with this discussion anyway. Not sure why you hate our country. We're pretty much the only country left in the world that is stupid/brave enough to continue to stand by you in the face of your much detested foreign policy. For all the terrible things we may have done over the past 1000s of years, your current lot have probably done twice as much in the past 100 years.

Good luck with clinging on to the past though. I can only assume some British guy must have slapped you about in the face at some point in the past and you hold it against all of us.

6. BrooksBall

You are only assuming that another country would have done the same.

Another assumption could be that you guys were just more evil and more greedy.

It's like saying if Hitler didn't come along, another guy as evil as him would have. That is not necessarily true at all. Hopefully, he was just a freak of nature.

Plus, those brutal things you acknowledge extended well into the 20th century. To say we were still wild savages at that point is a stretch.

Regardless, your country has caused more harm to the world than any other in history in terms of death toll and destruction.

As far as civilizing the world, take a look at the current state of the 3rd world. Many of the current issues are yet another byproduct of your country's actions.

As far as jealousy, that doesn't make much sense since America has long been the most powerful country in the world. There is nothing to be jealous of at this point.

#126 BrooksBall, Jun 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  7. BrooksBall

Again, we are only here because of you guys. Much of the foundation of our country and our belief system stems from your people, even if we fought for independence.

And, no, I've never brawled with a british dude. Do british men "slap" when they fight? In our country, most of the slapping is done by women.

8. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

You really are a bad advert for your country and I daresay you're embarassing your fellow American Clutchfans.

We have words for people like you in this country but they'd probably be censored on here

9. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

This thread needs to go bye, bye..

10. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I would shocked if Towles isn't sent to the minors tomorrow.

11. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Amen. On to Pittsburgh. The worst part is that the Pirates always seem to play us real tough. Terrible time for us to be slumping. Chicago is streaking

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Astros haven't played this bad in a while. Let's turn it around in Pittsburgh.

13. BrooksBall

For those thinking Chacon might have had an injury...

"I was fine," Chacon said. "I thought he missed a couple calls, but it happens. I didn't think I let it get too bad. If I get out of that inning without that single by Counsell, I think we're fine. By that time, the damage was done."

Curiously, Chacon's day ended with that one inning. Both the pitcher and manager said the move wasn't injury-related.

"He just struggled in that inning after the blown call by the umpire," Cooper said. "I thought it was best to take him out right there. That's where I'm going to leave it. OK?"

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/news/...tent_id=2814080&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=hou

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Holy Jesus H...WTF is that...anyways, the stros stunk it up and hopefully, they'll get their crap together...

15. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

time to get the ship righted...hopefully we stop the bleeding ASAP

and what the hell was that whole US/UK thing about?!?!

Who cares? Not the astros or brewers

16. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

exactly, especially when brookballs keep stirring the pot over and over and over.

astros/brewers guys, not ****ing UK vs US.

17. msn

msn Member

Your dare is correct.

Both of our countries have been guilty of various atrocities; both have made significant contributions.

I've greatly loved the time I've spent in England and can't wait to get back there.

18. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

This is the first time that I have ever wondered when the mods were going to move a baseball game thread into the D&D. Good job, BrooksBall.

Classy. :rolleyes:

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Boy this series sucked. And boy this thread sucks too.

I'm confident once we start winning again, clubhouse chemistry will get better and BrooksBall and stobbartjohn will get along.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

JR Towles' batting average is going to destroy international relations!!! :mad:

:D