1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Brewers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 30, 2008.

1. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Indeed, that's entirely my fault that our country ruled the world and completely justifies your assertion that due to my nationality I am not entitled to an opinion on the baseball team I choose to follow.

That clears that up then

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I was talking about Moehler and he hasn't pitched well "all year".

Unless, you don't consider his lousy bullpen work to be part of the season, not to mention the previous decade of his career.

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

oh, you mean kind of like how the brit made it a point to rub it in the second cassel gave up a run and didnt utter a peep during his 6 shutout innings prior since he's been back up? lol.

so, i can assume that you think he's just stupid too, right?

4. BrooksBall

Show me where I said you are not entitled to an opinion.

If anything, I just doubted the quality of your opinions.

5. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Again, more references to my nationality to back up your assertions. Most unfair imo

6. BrooksBall

Despite the recent hitting slump, our offense is not going to be a problem this season. I believe we've only been shutout one time and that was the first game of the year against Peavy.

The question is, just as it was before the season, will the Astros get enough quality pitching out of their starters to hang in the race.

If they don't, this season is likely just a building block for next season where we will have to find more quality starting pitching. It's unlikely we will be able to make any big moves for starting pitchers before the trade deadline.

7. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

On second thoughts, I better be careful before I get accused of ganging up on the two of you all on my own.

8. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Yes, but it appeared to me and any reasonable person reading that you doubted the quality of my opinion due to the fact I am not from the US.

I seriously doubt the quality of your opinions but I don't claim it's because you're American.

9. BrooksBall

I said "hey british dude, do they even have baseball in your country?" and you responded with words like "fascist" and "twat".

That's when I took it to another level.

Take a minute to follow the sequence of comments and you will realize that you were the one that started taking it too far, not me.

10. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

I still don't see what my nationality and the presence/non presence of professional baseball leagues in my country has to do with anything?

Perhaps you could enlighten me.

11. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Why all of the bickering? Seriously. It's a thread about the game and thoughts relevant to the game. Not a pissing match.

12. BrooksBall

That is definitely part of why I doubted the quality of your opinion. Not specifically because you were british, but because you came from a place where you likely had less exposure to the sport. The other reason I doubted the quality of your opinions was the content of your posts.

I never said you weren't entitled to an opinion. Even if I did say something like that, it would be meaningless for obvious reasons.

As far as the quality of my opinions on baseball goes, I certainly know less about baseball than basketball, hockey and soccer.

At the same time, I have followed baseball to a certain extent for over two decades and my father was a hardcore fan for over 50 years. I learned quite a bit just from growing up around him.

All in all, I assume that I have been exposed to much more baseball than you.

13. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Agreed, but if you read back you'll see I made a comment relevant to the game and BrooksTroll took that as an opportunity to rag on my nationality

14. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

My dad's bigger than your dad
    My nob's bigger than you nob
    My uncle makes more money than your uncle

etc. etc.

(Repeat until fade)

15. BrooksBall

You are the only one that has resorted to namecalling, yet you are trying to make me look like the childish one in your last post.

Namecalling = absolutely childish

16. BrooksBall

You completely overlooked the points I was trying to make.

I was trying to present why I thought you might not know much about baseball in the first part of that post.

In the second part, I was basically guessing that I know more about baseball than you because of my background.

On the same note, I would assume you know more about tea and bad teeth than me because of your background.

17. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Ohh yes. That's right. As usual, you're the mature knowledgeable one and as usual it's someone else that is childish and causing arguements with you.

Funny how that happens all the time. You go around these forums being objective and mature and all these childish people constantly cause arguements with you. Most strange

18. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

More stereoypes at the end there BrooksTroll. So mature.

Do you realise the stereotypes we have over here for you lot? Would be very easy to throw these at you but I don't see the point. We're all human beings, we're all Astros fans and throwing stereotypes at each other due to nationaliy just seems extremely tiresome and old fashioned.

19. BrooksBall

Aren't trolls from england, too? :D

At a minimum, it's an anglicized word.

#119 BrooksBall, Jun 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  20. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Yes, as is baseball

The earliest known description is in a 1744 British publication, A Little Pretty Pocket-Book, by John Newbery.[5] It contains a wood-cut illustration of boys playing "base-ball," showing a baseball set-up roughly similar to the modern game, and a rhymed description of the sport.

BOOOOM

GAME SET MATCH ENGLAND