1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Brewers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 30, 2008.

1. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

In reference to the umpires keeping home crowds happy, what winds me up more than anything is the way they jump around dramatically to signal an out against the road team.

They make like 2 or 3 hops and then punch the air almost in a celebratory manner. It's really makes me :mad:

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Let's get 1 or 2 back here.

3. BrooksBall

The Astros are making another struggling pitcher look good today.

4. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

So a blowout defeat confirms our first sweep of the season. What a letdown. We better sweep the crappy Pirates

5. BrooksBall

Pitching, pitching, pitching...

6. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

And some people wanted to know why Cassel wasn't starting instead of Moehler?

7. BrooksBall

You're in for a rude awakening with your Moehler infatuation. The dude is a career scrub. Reality will set in for him.

8. cardpire

cardpire Member

you think a pitcher who can go 5 innings max is a great option? moehler is worthless. i said cassel deserved a chance. keep on providing that amazing monday morning quarterback analysis of yours. :rolleyes: lol.

9. BrooksBall

Hey, british dude. Do they even have professional baseball in your country?

10. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

What does that have to do with anything fascist?

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

people who say spring stats don't mean anything:

i present to you wesley wright. he's still on a major league roster close to the halfway point of the season purely based on 3 weeks of grapefruit league success.

12. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

I'm sure they don't have professional "being a twat" in your country, but you seem to have perfected the art.

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I'm still waiting for reality to set in on Backe (your first prediction). The fact is that Backe still has an ERA around 4.50, which is about what everybody expected of him.

14. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

I thought his first prediction was that Chacon would "implode". Wonder if he'll claim victory on that one today because of a bad call and a suspected injury.

15. BrooksBall

What I said was Backe is not a number 2 quality starter. It is not his fault that he was put in that role but that was my assertion. His career numbers and his ERA so far this season support that.

16. BrooksBall

Chacon has had enough time as a pro to prove his worth. There is a reason he was available in the first place.

Having said that, he started out this season well. I still doubt he will be able to pitch that well all season. He will likely return to his norm like most pitchers with his level of experience do.

There is no evidence that he was injured today. If he wasn't, that first inning was an implosion. Even with a blown call, a decent pitcher shouldn't fall apart like that.

If he does turn out to be injured, as I said earlier, that is a different story.

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

it aint even worth it brooks. to summarize all their posts: we have a really good starting pitching staff.

18. BrooksBall

Our country is a direct byproduct of your country. You guys layed your stamp on half the globe over the past several centuries: slavery, forced colonization, raping and pillaging, stealing resources, etc...

We are only here because of you guys. My great, great grandfather was sent here from Cork, Irleand by your people in the 1800s during the potato famine (millions of Irish starved while you guys horded all of our foodstuff) and made an indentured servant.

Get "proper" with your "cack", "chap".

#98 BrooksBall, Jun 1, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  19. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Ugh... Our pitching sucks.

20. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Nobody said that. What people are saying is that it is moronic to take a pitcher who has pitched well all year, and when he has a bad outing to state that he is coming back to reality.

It's just stupid.