1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Athletics

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 31, 2019.

1. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

HUH? We’re leading the division by 9 something games. No GM in our position would risk losing a year a year of control and multi millions to bring Alvarez up

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

A losing streak can eat that lead up. You cannot play like you have a BIG lead until September. You are also playing for Home Field in the playoffs.

Correa, Springer, and Altuve may not be available til July.........at the earliest.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I love Kemp, I really do, but he’s such an awkward base stealer. That was just absolutely brutal!

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They aren't gonna be easy missing this many weapons.

Stealing the win with our aces coming up is huge.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Memo to Tyler White. If your manager is working out, I think you should be working out too. If White was not subbed for Straws, he would been tagged out at 3rd.

6. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

I'll take the extended window if Tucker and Alvarez are the real deal over 3-6 extra wins this year. Plus the verge prospects get real chance to prove themselves during this stretch. So we don't have more get away like Laureano.

Houstunna and raining threes like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Still waiting for your thoughts about Alvarez instead of Mayfield playing 2B/SS. I told you that they needed and infielder when Diaz got hurt and that's why they called up Mayfield, and your response was "sure".

mikol13, raining threes and Redfish81 like this.
  8. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I really don't understand the whining over having to wait for alvarez. R-E-L-A-X. Remember all the hype for "Ted" Tucker?

arkoe and Buck Turgidson like this.
  9. Major

Major Member

After Super2, Tucker & Alvarez should come up for Brady Rodgers (who doesn't pitch anyway) and White.

Or if they feel the need to keep an extra pitcher, then Straw is also superfluous. They have 3 CFs and 2 SS's without him.

mikol13 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Alvarez replaces White. I thought we all established this already.

How much playing time can Tucker get? They won't bring him up to sit on the bench.

Now that they have some off days and don't need the 13th pitcher (that's the reason they've been rolling with 13), who knows what they'll do. You're right about Rogers. I'd like them to find a 12th pitcher that doesn't suck.

raining threes likes this.
  11. raining threes

Great win

The value of having Kemp on the team is apparent.

When Fisher guesses right these kinds of things can happen.

12. Bob Barker 007

I didn’t realize this was a thing. I’m a lefty who liked the ball down and slightly away from center when I played baseball. Is that actually true for a lot of us?

13. Buck Turgidson

Down and in, down and middle/in is the happy zone.

Same goes for RHB versus LHP. The ball is moving into the perfect bat/swing path.

Houstunna likes this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Mayfield is irrelevant. White should NOT be on the team. Straw should not be up ahead of Alvarez. Mayfield is needed now because Correa got hurt during "rough sex". So Mayfield is a moot point. Straw, Fisher, and White do not need to be on this team ahead of Tucker and Alvarez.

15. Buck Turgidson

You wanted Alvarez called up when Mayfield was, and leaving the team waaay short on infielders, how is that irrelevant? You wanted an OFer to replace a middle IFer. How this is "irrelevant" or a "moot point" is beyond me. Your ideas sucked, and were wrong. Admit it.

Like I've said for the past month plus, Alvarez will replace White. Everyone wants this to happen. Soon. Calm your t***.

Smacktle likes this.
  16. raining threes

Because Alvarez is really good. (Special)

In time I think Tucker has a chance to be special too.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Alvarez should have replaced White. Mayfield coming up is irrelevant. Alvarez should have replaced White.

Mayfield would have been called up because injuries. He is not the reason Alvarez is not up. Super 2 is. Alvarez would have been up when Springer got hurt....if not for Super 2.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Tucker had 100 at bats. People are going to judge a player on 100 at bats? Come on now.

everyday eddie likes this.
  19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

You don’t know if he’s a special major league player or not. You know he’s a special AAA player. Trust me, I hope he is. But there is a decent chance he won’t be. And even assuming that he is, bringing him up a couple of weeks early won’t change the season.

No Worries likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

So this is once again you changing your thoughts and making **** up after the fact. Gotcha.