1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 27, 2016.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

The passed ball didn't mean anything, he was going for the strikevout pitch but yes Feliz should have stayed in. Luke Greg needs rest too.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

3. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

5-1 with Springer leading off.

4. HookemHorns1250

My question now is when do we start using Feliz in big time situations other than late extra inning work. Let me state I had no problem with Hinch putting in Giles earlier. But if Giles had put in too much work the past few games, will Hinch start to use Feliz in the 7th instead of forcing Sipp to maybe step out a lefty role?

Good problem to have, but I believe Feliz has earns big game situation appearances.

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Win the next series. 3 out of 4.

6. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Such fickle support for Correa. Last year he was God and now he struggles in a smaller sample size and folks think we should have drafted another player. SMH man.

1 person likes this.
  7. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

The Good
    Hinch pinch hitting Correa for Kemp, eventough Kemp had good at bats, good move.
    Other "great" move was the 2 walks intentionally back to back.

The bad
    Gates can't catch at the end of games when we are leading by only 1. We have pitchers that throw tough sliders and Gattis struggled. Today it cost at least 2 runs Gattis defense.
    Another move that i did not get was why Marwin to LF instead of Springer. We lose the DH? so what, we are leading by 3

The Ugly
    Gattis on defense, even tough he threw a base runner out with Cron hitting, important out.

Hero of the game, Correa and the bullpen, exception Giles.

8. HookemHorns1250

Can't deny the importance of a series win to START a road trip. Give them confidence that they are capable of being a good team on the road, and hopefully they feed off of it.

9. conquistador#11

has hodor started his suspension?

10. Remix

Remix Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/HandshakesAndHighFives?src=hash">#HandshakesAndHighFives</a> after an 8-6, 13 inning win! <a href="https://t.co/ta4EYmWPoi">pic.twitter.com/ta4EYmWPoi</a></p>&mdash; Houston Astros (@astros) <a href="https://twitter.com/astros/status/737081962003763200">May 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The "Yea I just hit the game winning go ahead pinch HR in extra innings smirk"

We say this a lot, but hopefully this gets Correa going again. Gotta remember the guy is only 21 years old. So young, so good.

11. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yeah, friday i think started his 7

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Springer would have never moved to LF. He would have been put in RF and Rasmus moved to LF.

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

miserable game. nice grit by the pen. nice clutch hit by correa. thank goodness we won. not fun though. just a ton better than the alternative.

would be nice to see them make some upgrades to the offense.

14. bobrek

Miserable game? You're watching it wrong. Every bad thing in that game was offset by something good. Rather than packing it in after blowing the 4-2 lead and various scoring opportunities, they maneuvered through a quagmire for a gutty win on the road. Every offensive player contributed something positive to the final outcome. The bullpen held it together long enough for Correa's heroics.

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Hinch managed the pen fairly well today. OTOH, it would have never gotten to extras had he made the correct lineup changes in the late innings.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Seems like a long way from people on here dismissing the season just a couple of days ago after they lost the first game.

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

U glass half full, I glass half empty.

I gave pen credit.

Relieved we won. Lineup is by and large crap and not gonna cut it over the long haul. A sense of urgency should be there to bolster it while there's still time.

18. bobrek

Perhaps "frustrating" is a better word than "miserable". How anyone can call a hard fought win "miserable" (especially when no one got hurt) is beyond me.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He's still holding the door.

This team wouldn't be so bad, if they could just beat Texas.

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Let's move him to 5th, said no sane person..