1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] A's @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Poloshirtbandit

Haha wow, every game I've been to this year they have lost. I went today and was in the middle of a bunch of little kids and wanted to leave by the first inning.

Before the season started I wasn't expecting the team to be much better than .500 but it's still frustrating to watch.

2. Major

Major Member

Its funny how weird this team is. Compared to last year at this time, it has slightly better pitching (311 runs allowed as opposed to 326), and substantially worse offense (269 runs scored instead of 309), and we're 27-39 as opposed to 34-32.

I would have guessed our offense would be better and pitching would be worse, but it's been exactly the opposite.

3. msn

msn Member

Didn't blow it up after 2000; made the playoffs three of the next five seasons, including an LCS and a WS.

4. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Hey at least Bruntlett and Loretta will play instead of Everett for a while...this is good news.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i don't know what that means. there are only so many moves you can make.

did we "blow it up" after 2000?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We did have people advocating getting rid of Roy Oswalt, Carlos Lee and Lance Berkman recently.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ironically, back in 2000, people were advocating getting rid of Alou for some young MLB-ready talent... and packaging some minor leaguers to make it work.

Some of those minor leaguers to include as throw-ins? Roy Oswalt and Brad Lidge.