1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 20, 2016.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Had they executed their hill plans before this season, that would been a home run.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Kill the Hill...

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Keep the dimensions...

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The hole was dug ourselves in to start the year doesn't allow us that luxury. You have to beat the teams in front of you.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

Take away the Hill and they get HR too, the advantage of the Hill is defense and speed. And if it can take out a guy like Trout, it's got that too.

The idea of losing the Hill has had an impact on all of the starters mentality. Keuchel has not been the same.

6. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Eh, we aren't really desperate at this point. Right back in the WC race, playing .500 ball on the road should be fine for us going forward.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There's like 90 games left, and they've gotten back into the race by beating teams that may not be directly in front of them.

They just need to avoid playing sucky baseball... but I wouldn't get hung up on individual series (yet).

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

With 89 games left, I'd say we realistically have to win 50 in order to have a good chance at one of the WC spots. That translates to about a .550 winning percentage. So unless we absolutely tear it up at home (.750+ winning percentage), we have to absolutely go .500 on the road.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Without Keuchel, it will be a long haul as we no better than any other .500 team outside of having a great bullpen. We either need Keuchel or Sonny Gray to make the WC. I like our chances, but we need some step up from our top starters.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

We aren't desperate, but playing .500 ball on the road means we'll need to be playing .700 ball at home.

I'm not getting hung up on a series. Our year isn't over losing one series, but we shouldn't be happy losing a series to a mediocre ball club, especially if you want to pass them in the standings. We already lost 2 of 3 to the Royals, I'm not going to be happy about doing it again.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I have ailing great grandparents from Austria who came here just to see Tal's Hill before they died. We can't get rid of something so unique and globally iconic.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Losing the hill next season has had an impact on our starters mentally this season? What? I doubt that, seriously.

13. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

I assumed he was kidding :confused:

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Ashby blushes...

15. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Astros in second now. Darvish, Holland, and now Lewis all on the DL for the Rangers. Things will definitely be interesting moving forward.

16. conquistador#11

I love the hill! I hate the Hill! depends on what day you ask me and if we missed a hr by 3 ft.

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The hill is cool and unique, I just wish the depth was shorter by 10-15 feet... maybe lessen the angle a little as guys seem to fall down plenty trying to scale it.

The wild card is nice, but winning the division and having more breathing room is best. WCs have won, but I'd rather have a less drama-filled regular season and not risk burning Keuchel in the "First" round (@NYY). Stros should strive for .550+ road ball, while dominating at home.