1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Angels @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 20, 2016.

1. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Harris hadn't pitched since Friday. Not too worried.

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Back to back wins that came down to the last pitch

Sweep of division team

This team is playing great baseball

3. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

That was the PLAY, great move by Hinch.

Now, i did not like him pitching to Trout with first base open and men on second.
    Walking Trout you get a force out at 3b or 2b, and you don't pitch to their best hitter, maybe best player in baseball.
    It worked, (line drive to lf) but not the right decision.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

That trout AB brought back bad Garner vs Pujols memories.

woulda been a silly way to blow a save. thank goodness it worked out.

5. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Gregerson last 5 outings have been exceptional. Righties have no chance against him.

6. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Tied with the Mariners for 2nd in the division right now, with them facing Fulmer tonight. Just 2GB of the Royals for the 2nd WC spot, 3.5 out of the 1st.

7. jsingles

jsingles Member

20-8 last 28 games, that is Cubs level baseball right there. If we keep this up and are within say 7 games back of the Rangers come July 1st, we might have a race on our hands, this team is playing unreal right now. I didn't think the division was in play but this last week has definitely changed my mind.

8. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

The problem is that the Rangers haven't been losing, either (21-7 their last 28). We need to keep up the hot play and hopefully the Rangers will hit a skid or two.

9. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

We need to win more on the road, if we do that, then we can catch the Rangers, but we are still not good on the road, so far this year is 15 and 21, i think only 3 teams have worse record than us on the road.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yet you will often complain about the right decisions that don't work... Also, I disagree about putting the winning run on base (especially for a guy with great speed in Trout).

He still fails nearly 70% of the time... he still is one of the league leaders in strikeouts.... and Will had him ahead in the count 0-2 prior to the steal.

After the constant verbal diarrhea you subjected all on the board today... would you please just give it all a rest and shut the f up. #baseball-talk.

#730 Nick, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  11. conquistador#11

just make the post season, get a good run once there. worry about dominance when we finally decide to rid the feast or famine approach in the middle of the order.
    Fun baseball just keep winning series or making up a series loss with a series sweep.

12. Prize Closet

Prize Closet Rookie

Will be tough to take 2 of 3 from the Royals, but that would be nice.

13. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Well, thats your opinion, i don't pitch to the best player in baseball with first base open. And, i don't know if you saw the out, but the ball was hit hard, it was scolded, and he had good swings at balls inside.

You don't pitch to the best hitter if you can avoided. And yes, he is fast, but he has Calhoun running in front of him, is not like he can steal bases.

For me you are wrong, for you i am wrong, the difference is that i will not insult you for disagreement.

Funny, but your first comment after a great game is to insult me.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Just get it to 7 or 8 by the break and all bets are off.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You think most outs are of the poorly hit variety? In the end, great hitters still make outs. He had him down 0-2 in the count prior to the steal. You honestly suggest he just throw 4 straight balls after that? Of course this is a game of second-guessing... and if the count was anything but 0-2, they likely play it differently.

This isn't even english at this point... fact remains, you complain plenty when the right decision doesn't work out. You just complain plenty in general.

Its probably time to stop posting if this is the first time somebody has insulted you... then again, I'm not sure anybody has the time to go through all 589 responses you've spat out at rapid-fire-bot-like pace over the last 24 hours.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

great sweep, but we have a HUGE series coming up vs. KC...

HOU cannot afford to keep taking two steps forward and a one step back. really hope we can take 2/3 in KC

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

18. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

Called it spot on

2 people like this.
  19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Of course they're not out of it... hell, the AL West has featured two pretty big collapses over the last 3 years, the Rangers being on both ends of it.

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

?

Sure they can.