1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 49ers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

During his career.

I didn't think I needed to state the obvious, but since you're a donkey, I guess I should have. :rolleyes:

2. msn

msn Member

come on bro; he was kiddin'. I thought it was funny without being rude, anyway.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow. nice sense of humour you got there. Who farted in your lunch?

thanks msn.

4. Jet Blast

I actually skipped lunch today. :p

---

Getting back to the game, I was thinking about the first and only time these two teams met in 2005. People were calling it the Bush Bowl. I remember Kris Brown shanked a field goal attempt so bad it was clear he deliberately missed it.

It got me to think how the teams have done since the infamous Bush Bowl. The Texans have a record of 25-29 since 2006 until now. The Niners, who picked Vernon Davis with the sixth pick, have a record of 22-31 since 2006 until now. Very slight advantage to the Texans.

Btw, the team that picked Reggie Bush has a regular season record of 30-23 since 2006 until now.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I remember Kris Brown blowing quite a few late game kicks to secure Texans Ls that season.

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Must win for the Texans. Defense needs to go hard from start to finish. Don't let Crabtree surprise you...in fact welcome him to the National Football League...put him on his a** early and often.

Hou 35
    SF 24

7. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

can you imagine how much better they'd be (and how much worse the Texans would be) if the Texans has taken Bush and they had gotten Mario?

8. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

no lunch eh...so that's why you were cranky :)

and the point is? Reggie bush was the right pick?

9. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

and if your contention is that bush was the right pick then the texans should be winning superbowls after all their draft duds they have chosen.

10. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

The team that Drafted Reggie Bush also got Drew Brees/Colston/Henderson/Shockey/Vilma/Sharper/Harper just to name a few.

The Reggie Bush is a reciever who gets the ball 3rd on their depth chart, I can pretty much bet that if they didnt have Bush, Brees would find someone else to pass to.

11. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

preaching to the choir.

It's scary to think how good they would be with Mario at DE, since they put so many teams in passing situations, he could just tee off all day.

12. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

That why I hope the Texans passing game gets to that level(we have the ability, its the execution that were still inconsistant with).

That way we obtain big leads and let our 1st and 2nd rounders in the front 7 tee off.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

14. Jet Blast

No. The post was to compare SF and Houston since their first meeting on Jan. 1, 2006. There's no doubt Bush was the consensus #1 pick at that time. Since neither team got Bush, I thought it would be interesting to see how both teams have done since then.

Bush is not the reason why the Saints have gone 30-23 including 5-0 this season. As Rowdy4Life said the Saints have gotten better because of other players besides Bush.

Looking back to the 2006 draft, there have been 17 players who have made the pro bowl. The Texans have three of those 17 players, the most of any other team. I wouldn't consider Williams, Ryans or Daniels duds by any stretch.

15. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

i was talking more about carr, babin, etc.

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Texans safety Pollard out with 'flu-like' symptoms

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6680940.html

Texans strong safety Bernard Pollard was feeling poorly during meetings Thursday morning, so he was sent home before practice. Asked if the symptoms were “flu-like,” head coach Gary Kubiak said that was the case but he added that he was optimistic Pollard would be ready to play Sunday against San Francisco.

Since being signed off the street before the Oakland game, the former Kansas City Chief has made three starts and been an integral part of the Texans' defensive revival.

Several Texans have fallen ill during the last few weeks, but only rookie tight end Anthony Hill has been officially diagnosed with the S1N1 or “swine flu” virus and spent time in the hospital. Free safety Eugene Wilson also missed a game because he was under the weather.

Rookie linebacker Brian Cushing was a spectator at practice again Thursday because of his bruised foot, but Kubiak said he expected him to get in some work Friday and that he would be ready for the 49ers game.

“That's the same program we were on last week,” Kubiak said, “and it didn't seem to hurt him any.”

Cushing also missed the Wednesday and Thursday practices a week ago, then played well enough against the Cincinnati Bengals to earn AFC Defensive Player-of-the-Week honors.

dale.robertson@chron.com

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Texans 38, 49ers 20

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I didn't know they changed the name of the Swine Flu.....?

Anyways, I am hoping that our run D shows up again, but I have to go in expecting a huge let down.

Texans 21
    49ers 24

I hope Reliant is rocking.

In other news, here's to hoping I'll find tickets and make it to the Bills game. We have to have at least ONE fan at the game.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Interesting to watch NFL networks perception of the 49'er secondary as being slow.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

What we know about the secondary?...

Barber, Busing, and Bennett is trash. They contributed to woeful performance, but what I see now is some promise...

Bernard Pollard is playing like Ronnie Lott reincarnated (p.s. hopefully he will play this Sunday, sick)

D. Robinson has been steady, but the best corner on the team is absolutely Jacques Reeves...Elite coverage skills, great technique to boot...

I'm having some positive feelings going into this game.