1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 49ers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Your opinion Flip-Flops more than John Kerry in the 2004 Election...

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

nope....they did stop the running game the last 3 weeks. i dont think i denied that...i am denying the teams that they stopped. im not convinced that the run defense is improved at all. getting excited about stopping oakland, arizona, and cedric benson? typical of this board...just like wanting the rockets to tank, trade yao ming, fire adelman after losing 2 in a row.

#83 Nice Rollin, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  4. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Well I guess the only way to see is when the stellar 49ers arsenal marches into town Sunday with their droves of Red and Gold clad fandom filling up Reliant Stadium. :)

When Gore and Instant Coffee get shut down and Brian Cushings tea-bags em' both I want you too come back in here and take a piece of Humble Pie. Hell, I'll even let you jump on the Texans Bandwagon if you would like.

That being said, if they go out and have career days, ill be the first one here for you to flame. But looking at these 2 teams, I think im going to be in the clear.

5. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

That is awesome, maybe in the cold weather his joints some how freeze together causing him not to break...

6. Nice Rollin

lol......hey man. i'll be here (not during the game...i'll be at reliant)...i'll take the flaming and give kudos to the texans for stopping a good running offense.

7. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

If your feeling froggy on Sunday, take a stroll down to the Bullpen, we always have 1 seat open.

8. Nice Rollin

for some reason i missed this......

are you suggesting you would take cj over AP cuz of his rush average. dont discount the fact that AP probably had way more carries.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

There is no convincing him guys, no point in trying. Anyone that watches football knows Chris Johnson is a top 2-5 back in the league.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm not saying that. I'm saying Chris Johnson can run the hell out of the football, and do it against the entire league. The receiving stats were the only surprising thing about the Texans game. He's had other great games rushing, but never receiving. I think the Titans aren't using him enough this year.

11. Nice Rollin

2nd Best back in the league? not even top 5.

1. ap
    2. michael turner
    3. deangelo williams
    4. LT when healthy
    5. westbrook when healthy

Lets just say he's the 2nd best in the league......back to the point. the texans let him go for 200. no run defense unless youre playing oakland and arizona.....i'll give you cedric benson since he's best back in the league in some people eyes

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Ok, if you think LT and Westbrook are still top 5, you definitely don't watch football. Both of them are over the hill, especially LT.

13. juicystream

LOL. LT is old, and not nearly the player he was 3 years ago. Williams certainly deserves to be there. Westbrook still belongs there when healthy. Michael Turner has 20 receptions in his career. That really takes him out.

Edit: Actually looking at Westbrook's lack of usage this year, I can't put him in the top 5

#93 juicystream, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Wow...I was actually partly with you on Chris Johnson not being top 5(although I do think he is top 10) but I can't believe you think LT and Westbrook are top 5 backs. Williams is a nice back and a case could be made that he is top 10 but with him and Stewart splitting carries its very hard to seperate the two.

1) AP
    2) MJD
    3) Steven Jackson
    4) Turner
    and this is where it gets interesting as 5-10 can be interchangable between Thomas Jones, Chris Johnson, Brandon Jacobs, Clinton Portis, Ronnie Brown and then D. Williams/Stewart combo possibly.

Slaton would be here but he needs to prove a bit more this season running the ball not just screen passes.

15. juicystream

MJD doesn't belong at 2 in anyway except fantasy numbers. Steven Jackson when healthy belongs there, though his numbers don't back it up because his defense sucks.

1)AP
    2)Williams
    3)Jackson
    4)Johnson
    5)Turner/Jones

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think if you polled defenders/coordinators throughout the league, MJD would be for sure top five in guys that are hardest to gameplan against and stop. I'd say AP, Williams, MJD, Jackson (well, if he had any help), Chris Johnson, and Turner are all there. Westbrook and LT don't scare anybody anymore.

17. juicystream

Maybe so. MJD just needs to do it for a full season as the man, before I put him on there. I'd also like to see him get his ypc up to 4.5 or better.

18. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Why stop at LT and Westbrook "when healthy"?

6. Shaun Alexander when healthy
    7. Marshall Faulk when he gets younger
    8. Barry Sanders when he comes out of retirement
    9. Ahman Green now that he's back in the NFL
    10. Priest Holmes with a time machine

1 person likes this.
  19. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

There are some milestones that can be met if everything goes well on Sunday.

Andre Johnson needs 49 more yards to reach 7,000 for his career. Getting 7,000 yards in only six and a half years is an achievement. If he can get another 7,000 yards then he would be in rarefied air. There's only seven receivers that have reached the 14,000 yard plateau.

Matt Schaub needs two TD passes to surpass his career high of 15 from last season.

Owen Daniels needs two TD's to surpass his career high of 5 from '06.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i don't know...that would be one monsterous game. :eek: