1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 49ers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

just tellin it how it is....cedric benson sucks. he's average at BEST. like trevor ariza

Cedric Benson hasn’t been good since he left Texas. The one good back that the Texans faced crushed them, MJD had 3 td’s over 100yds. The one OK back they faced, Chris johnson, had 3 tds and seemed to get 75 yard game breakers at will, again over 100 yds….but to some all that is erased with wins over oakland and cincinatti...and i guess it's a moral victory against the cardianls because you kept their runningbacks by committee in check?

Texan Fan is the epitome of a fan that when they’re up they’re up and when they’re down they’re down, with good reason. But lets not get it twisted the stats show that against a premier back, they fold like lawn chairs. On the other hand I’m not blind to the fact that matt “so icey” ryan killed us in the air last week. If we’re solely going off stats, statistically QB MATT SCHAUB is the best in the league and will probably have his way with scrubs named, ‘Dre Bly. So I’m staying even keel about this game. I’m going into it wanting to see the new look niners, although I want to see them handle up their business, I’m not gonna make preposterous statements and lie to myself. I’m goin off facts and matchups. Not emotion and the past. However.......I do think we’ll win.

i like the Texans... just not this week. Or the four hour block that the niners take up on Sundays.

#41 Nice Rollin, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Texans are SUPPOSED to win, which means they'll probably lose. :(

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Your assessment of talented running backs are a little appalling to me.

To call Chris Johnson just an ok back is big understatement. The guy has practically 600 yards through 6 games, while averaging a whopping 6.3 yards per carry.

4. BenNance

BenNance New Member

Yeah why would anyone be impressed by a RB that snapped the Ravens' run of not allowing 100-yard rushing games in THIRTY-NINE straight games. And for the Texans end of things, they entered the game allowing 141 rushing yards per game (26th in the league) and stood strong, only giving up 44 yards on 16 attempts.

And to address whether CB is a top 15 RB, I hope your joking. He's only #3 in Total Yards, #4 in YPG (88.5), #7 in RB TD's, averaging a respectable 4.2 YPC and only has fumbled once.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Fixed :eek:

Anyways, this game is huge from a confidence standpoint.

I really don't see us dropping another home game this early in the season and it's time for back to back wins!

1 person likes this.
  6. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Benson was the leading rusher until he faced Houston after playing 3 great run defenses, an average run defense, and Cleveland. Benson has been the 2nd best RB this Season. Johnson and Jones are having better years than MJD and had better years last year running the ball as well. MJD just seems to play better against Houston than most backs.

7. BenNance

BenNance New Member

You better hope Crabtree is the offensive messiah he's so cracked up to be. Niner's offensive stats don't look to good (#28 in Overall Offense, #20 in Total Points, #27 in Completion %, #30 in Total Yards, #23 in YPG)

Granted, I realize they are a power run team, so the stats are a little taken out of context but still Glen Coffee is only averaging 2.6 YPC...

You better hope and pray Frank Gore is as "healthy and 100%" as he claims.

Plus all the offensive line changes could open some big opportunities for Mario, Connor and Antonio. Hill has been hit a bunch this year, I think this is Super Mario's break out game of the season. What's the +/- for Mario sacks? Im taking the over, predicting 2.5 since Adam Snyder is moving to right guard and Pashos will now be the regular right tackle. O-Line mid-season changes can impact the game more than any other position changes.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

QFT

Chris Johnson is one of the best. The Titans were dominating the Ravens defense in the playoffs last year until Johnson got hurt. He was great last year, and is playing even better this year.

9. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Johnson is good, of that there can be no doubt. Lets not forget though that in an early season, those monstrous numbers of his have a lot to do with the Texans.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He put up monster numbers against the Pats last week in terms of rushing yards. He hasn't had a bad game yet. I really wish he would be more of a weapon as a receiver though. He should be deadly on screens.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah, he's not being very objective at all. Chris is certainly better than ok.

ANd yes, cedric has not been good since texas but that's more a product of him being an F up rather than not having the talent....he's got the talent.

12. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Far be it from me to question the analysis of someone who calls himself "Nice Rollin", but Benson is playing significantly better this year than anytime at Texas. He was super soft at UT and VY helped him a ton there.

13. plates300

plates300 Member

whatever they do, DO NOT FUMBLE the football. That is all.

14. RedRaiderRocket

I expet Gore to rush for about 120 yards against the Texans since that is their offense. It goes both ways for the arguments. The Texans looked good against the run vs teams like Bengals, Cardinals, and Raiders but looked bad against 3 of the top 10 backs in the NFL in Maurice Jones Drew, Chris Johnson, and Thomas Jones. Frank Gore is a great back it will be interesting to see if the rushing defense has improved. But I agree Benson has been a solid back this year and can't ignore how the Texans shut him down he did go against pretty good defenses like the Broncos and Ravens.

15. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Cedric Benson was the same sucky Benson against all the other teams and the Ravens too, and carved them up. He all of a sudden came back down to earth and ended his fluke streak against the Texans? Could be that time will tell...but it'll still go down as stopping a solid rusher.

Oakland and Arizona only count as doing what you're supposed to do defensive efforts, though Texans havent even been doing that the previous weeks. As team, even with Glen Coffee the 49ers are a slightly better running team overall than the Bengals. So the Texans need to duplicate last week's effort.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Same story up here in Dallas. The Texans haven't been broadcast here on TV since week two.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Texans come out motivated I like our chances this game.

One REAL factor that isn't mentioned is San Fran coming from the West to play a game early. I forgot the record, but i remember it not being positives for teams on the west to play early games

Texans have been at 3-3 before, it's time to go 4-3 open some eyes against a good team.

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

lol. thanks to the texans.

Chris Johnson is an OK back. Dont be fooled because he had 200 yards rushing against your team and a FREE TD. He has no business doing that against ANY team. Rushing for 1000 yards these days is nothing. something around 62 yards a game. Average backs can do that.

19. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I saw "Los Petroleros v. Los Quarenta y Nueves" on TV in a hotel room in Mexico sometime in the early '90s (hungover/sick-as-schitt). Los Petroleros won the game. Therefore, the Tejanos will win this one.

I [heart] Logic.

Carry on.

20. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Well if Chris Johnson is just an "Okay" RB, then that must make Frank Gore slightly less than okay?...

If you look at 2008 statistics, Chris Johnson had more Total Yards, YPG, TDs, Recieving Yards, less Fumbles, and less Att/PG.