1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 World Champion Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

He better get used to it. We need 4 starters in the playoffs and right now he would be the odd man out. Not to mention, he's never pitched more than 125.2 innings in a season, and that was his rookie year when he was called up May 15th.

Having McCullers, Morton, and Keuchel in the rotation is why we had to hold onto McHugh.

2. Buck Turgidson

Reddick is now 1-23 on the road this year. He's hitting .400 at MMP, I'll bet that these numbers will equalize at some point.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

And the 2018 offense?

4. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Weird triple play. Marco Gonzales almost has his head taken off on a line drive. Bregman doubles on a misplay by Seager and the LF bobbles it while trying to pick it up. Marwin then lines one off Seager’s glove into left. Gordon and Segura let one drop in between them. Morton is hit on a comebacker and Correa catches it on the fly for an out. All happened within an inning and a half. I might be forgetting something as well.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

"'Name That Astro' is causing quite the confusion online. I like it. (later) I think I caused that confusion with 'Name That Astro', I did not actually play with that guy.... Well, *one* career year for this guy might be a little bit of an understatement too, I had some pretty good numbers against him though.... Never played with this guy.... OK, I give up, I'm getting some bad information from all over the place, I never faced this guy. Go ahead and rewind your DVRs, read it again and do whatever you want with it because everything I am giving you is completely false." -- Geoff Blum

I love that guy.

I have no idea who they are talking about.

eta: Go Stassi go. He ripped that one.

6. Buck Turgidson

I love it. I'll definitely be looking at the highlights later today.

Cheers

texans1095 likes this.
  7. Marteen

Marteen Member

The Anti-Ryno.

hieuytran and Buck Turgidson like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

This is our "5th starter".

9. awc713

awc713 Member

How much will Charlie fetch next offseason? Honestly, his offers may rival Kuechel after its all said and done...who would've thought.

10. Buck Turgidson

He's talked about retiring when he's done in Houston. He may have changed his mind, but that was from last summer.

11. bulldog48

bulldog48 Member

We probably have the worst outfield as far as outfielders. Our catchers are balling. Strange season so far

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Assuming they finish off this game, I'm going to be very happy with 13-7 given how ass the hitting has been.

texans1095 likes this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

To presume the offense should be as good as last year, every year, is not giving last year’s team enough credit.

It was a historic season for a reason. Historic seasons, by definition, should not be easily repeatable year after year.

That being said, the starting pitching this year has a chance to be even more historic... if that makes sense. And in the history of this game, dominant starting pitching tends to win more games by itself than a dominant offense does (ideally, good idea to have both).

The 2005 Astros are the perfect example of how far a dominant starting staff alone can get you.... now imagine that team with 2 more elite starters and an offense that is one year away from being record breaking....

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

Gattis has been attending the Carlos Gomez school of baserunning lately

15. Buck Turgidson

It would be weird if they had the worst outfield as far as infielders.

They're 4th in MLB in RF OPS, 22nd in CF, and 27th in LF, for a grand total of something I can't find out right now.

eta: Evan Gattis does not want to be on the bases today. He likes getting to them, but he does not want to stay out there.

#435 Buck Turgidson, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    bulldog48 likes this.
  16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I heard Nationals are playing Matt Adams in the OF. Defensively, they got to be worse.

bulldog48 likes this.
  17. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

#437 tellitlikeitis, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Buck Turgidson and texans1095 like this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

Here comes Sipp, hold on to yo butts

19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Currently on a flight to Orange County sporting my Astros gear so all of the LA area can weep while calling me names.

Just turned on my phone after purchasing this crappy WiFi and saw that Morton is dealing. Love it.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Has Lucas Duda played any LF yet?

I just paused it and came here to post exactly that, in case some folks weren't watching.

That's ridiculous.