1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 NBA Trade Deadline Deals and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

p***y join p*****s

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

KJ is not a better option than Sullinger. Sullinger has actually been a productive NBA player in the past. Not great, but productive. Also I believe the Suns GM has Boston connections and was with Boston when the Celtics drafted Sullinger.

Still, to your point we probably could have topped the Raptors offer somehow without giving up a ton... but it seems like DM and the team are going all in on the 3s thing, fast paced, small ball type thing which doesn't exactly jive with Tucker's offensive skill-set. I like him and think he could have easily been the PBev of the SF position for us, and of course he's expiring anyway... but it would have limited your ability to then go after a big in the buyout market.

Again, seems like DM and company are choosing offense in the backcourt/wings and defense in the bigs... which makes sense to me.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

More firepower to take on the Warriors. I love it!

Irving/Williams/Felder
    Smith/Shump/McCrae/Liggins
    Bron/Korver/Jefferson/Jones
    Love/Williams
    TT/Frye

On paper that's better than what they had last year.

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I know he's an alt-right, redpill moron and he's hurt all the time, but, dammit, Bogut's a nice fit on the court. He really did anchor that GSW defense with Draymond. No one sets a better pick, and he's a very solid passer.

6. basketballholic

Take me out of the equation for a moment and think about this. The same guy that told you about the Ennis trade an hour before it went down told you we were going after a big. Do you think he was he just guessing the Ennis trade and got lucky and then he guessed again and guessed wrong about us trying to trade for a big?

Or do you think he actually knew about the Ennis trade? And if you think he knew about the Ennis trade do you think he knew about us pursuing a big or do you think he just decided to make that part up?

Next thing. We are the worst defensive team in the paint in the whole Association. Do you think our front office doesn't know that? Or do you think they know that and they just don't care about it?

Now next question. Would it make any sense for Morey to tell everybody that we aren't happy with our paint defense and we need to upgrade? Or does it make more sense for Morey to say he likes our team as is and is happy with and loves all our players?

Next question. How often do you hear GMs saying their players are bad, not good enough, and they need to make a trade to get better players?

Next question. When the above happens what then happens to the perceived trade value of the players they have on the roster?

Good gravy man. We were trying to trade for DeAndre Jordan (and others). And it should make a lot of sense to you why we were trying to do that.

And I'm not even a big fan of DeAndre because I can't stand his FT shooting. And I had a lot of questions and have a lot of questions about trading for him. But we were after him.....and others.

Hopefully you can walk through these questions and start to better reason that there is a difference between the war room and the press room. It's not the same bro.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is really worth the look, I put it in the KJ McDaniels gets traded thread, but it's probably buried there. enjoy.

D-rock and craguin like this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

After DeAndre Jordan LOLOLOL

9. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

It's just me, but I'm going to take the Morey POV on this one. We seem to be handling the biggest frontline in the league reasonably well.

10. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Sullinger was released, so it is pretty obvious it didn't matter who the player was and just the picks. Our playoff chances would look a lot better with PJ Tucker as at least a backup option on the wing and bird rights to him this summer. Tucker isn't a great shooter, but 34% with very good defense is valuable. Ariza is barely a better shooter and that is on a team set up to really capitalize with a lot better pieces to feed him.

saleem likes this.