1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 NBA Trade Deadline Deals and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Excellent post and precisely why I have little interest in the Wilson Chandler types that add long term salary and do little to move the needle.

D-rock likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Anyone have any rumors or twitter sources or anything?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Woj:

Boston-Chicago deal for Butler will loom over the entire week. They have engaged but have not gotten that far down the road. Bulls need to get aligned (decision for full rebuild). Boston has been hoarding assets to get a star player. They swap with Brooklyn this year & get their pick next year - I don't think Chicago could get both picks but that is the beginning point for the Bulls to get Butler. They can get a star PG to replace Rose [in this draft] & other assets to start a rebuild. Butler with Thomas & this Celtics team, it would put Boston in position to seriously challenge Cleveland now & in the long term.

Buyers?

You've seen a lot of teams in the middle. Clippers want to be buyers but they don't have the assets to move out. Watch both OKC & LAC with Wilson Chandler. OKC had been in pursuit of Rudy Gay before his injury. They'd love a versatile forward as would the Clippers. Both teams think that gets them over the hump in a first round series. Does either team have enough future picks or young players they're willing to move to Denver?

Wizards?

Washington feels they're a top heavy team. They gotta improve their bench. If there is a wing they can get - Lou Williams they have interest in, Bojan Bogdanović(Nets) - they've shown an inclination to give up a potential first. They see an opportunity here. They're a dangerous team. Many in the East don't want to see the Wizards in the postseason.

Sellers?

Suns are one team. They got a young, good nucleus in Phoenix. Booker will be a star. They've drafted well. They have vets in Tucker, Chandler & Brandon Knight, who they've been shopping to bring in more picks or another young player. Chandler is an example of what you're seeing with a lot of teams - there are a lot of centers on the market - Okafor, Bogut, Monroe, BoLo - there aren't teams looking for that traditional back to the basket center & they're all seeing a limited market. One or two may be moved but all the teams who want to get off their centers won't find enough buyers.

Carmelo Anthony?

As of right now, Carmelo's intentions are to remain in NY. He hasn't been brought any deal that would inspire him to waive his no trade clause. Teams like the Clippers may regroup around the draft & July 1 to make a run at Carmelo. The idea of going somewhere else for the rest of the season, that's not in his mind. Teams that have had interest are looking elsewhere & expect him to remain in NY.

#83 J.R., Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    hakeem94, jnuge90, mikol13 and 6 others like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

IMO this would be the better trade for Houston. Boston needs rim protecting 5 but wants to keep it high draft picks and young assets in trade for Butler.

Philly needs to trade Noel and/or Okafor or risk losing Noel without getting anything in return for Noel in offseason.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Houston's outgoing would have to include Dekker and Capela in addition to picks. Rockets get Noel, Rozier and Covington. Capela to Boston and Dekker, KJ and picks (1st and 2nd) to Philly (include Ennis too if Philly willing). It's win-win for all teams. Rockets get an upgrade at back up wing (also stretch 4), back up to Bev/Splash and upgrade at 5.

Beard/Splash
    Bev/Rozier
    Ariza/Covington
    Ryno/Covington
    Noel/Nene/Harrell

A much improved 9 man rotation.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Excuse me? I will forever stan for Cisco, idc.

hakeem94, Jontro and Crashlanded19 like this.
  6. ABS

ABS Member

Noel SUCKS.

Hui likes this.
  7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

So basically a friend of a friend is from Boston and says a deal between Celtics and Pacers is brewing for Paul George.
    I call BS, there hasn't been a single mention of that anywhere......
    However, I'm surprised that hasn't been brought up. Doesn't it make too much sense??? Pacers don't want to trade George and rebuild, but wouldn't Boston have enough assets to make it worth it for Indy? And wouldn't Boston be willing to surrender a lot for George? And Ainge and Bird know each other well.

8. thekad

thekad Member

PG isn't on the market.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

maybe thay'd give us paul george for superstar teen sensation brewer and some change

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He'd be more superstar if he showed his face in New Orleans at the ASW.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

@D-rock yep, the only problem here is that i think the Celtics would prefer to get Noel instead of Clint, assuming Noel is going to get traded which i'm still not sure tbh...

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think so. Noel is getting paid a year earlier.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, but they have a lot of money to spend this summer, and if they have to make a trade, why do it for the worse player? Also, from the rumors out there it seems pretty clear the Sixers want to move Okafor so...maybe they will also trade Noel, but who knows...in fact it make sense for them to keep him if they don't trust Embiid's foot 100%, if Joel goes down Noel fits a lot better with Simmons, Saric etc...Okafor not so much...

Also, while i would obviously love it, i wouldn't hold my breath about us being part of a 3 way deal with Boston, they have so many pieces and flexibility that they should be able to pull any kind of trade without someone else helping, and i think Ainge would probably prefer to keep Morey out of his deals tbh...

#93 Vivi, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    RudyTBag likes this.
  14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

But you have to land that FA and as we saw less year when we missed on all the big fish and had to go Ryno and Gordon just because you have Harden, no state tax and cap space doesn't mean the marquee FAs will sign. Chandler would be a great get and right now the competition OKC and LAC are working to get him.

Chandler is what we hope Dekker turns into. I for one would gladly cash in Dekker, Brewer, KJ, and possibly Harrel and a protected first if you could add Chandler and an upgrade at backup C and PG.

Having Chandler and Gordon off the bench and solid backups at PG and C would really make this a complete team.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dekker has more upside than WC ever had. In addition to his versatile game that already is reminiscent of Chandler, Sam is a scorer....That said, I'm not averse to the Rockets moving him, either ....but, in the right deal.

basketballholic and Vivi like this.
  16. MONON

MONON Member

Just for fun & grins, you can throw EGO in that line-up also! :eek::D

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Never said he was.
    Just saying I'm surprised a Paul George to Boston rumour hasn't come up.
    Bird can say he's not on the market but if Boston is holding two guaranteed lottery picks and more, he's gotta listen.

18. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

19. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

So your proposal would look as such, if I'm to understand it:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jhd3hku

I like it.

*Dekker shows promise as a PF; but lacks good enough lateral quickness to play SF unless he can develop
    ........a post up game over the summer as a means of taking advantage of mismatches.
    *Capela is a product of the system. Nerlens can be better.
    * KJ & Ennis contracts can disappear this summer. Team option on KJ this summer & Tyler is UFA.

Danny Ainge is the most miserly general managers around. He wants every player but never wants
    to forfeit any players in return. Boston sees Rozier as John Stockton all of a sudden. Yes, reserved
    for top NBA name available like Cousins.....in the end Boston probably won't pull the trigger on any deal
    other than moving Jerebko.

20. thekad

thekad Member

Would be nice to sneak into a Butler to Boston deal and snatch Crowder (Ariza to Boston, assets to Chicago). Extend Ariza's cheap contract a couple more years, get younger, get a little better.