1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 NBA Trade Deadline Deals and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No bro for sure no. When have 2 first round picks ever gone out without a top talent coming back? I think your friend is expecting more than is realistic. At the end of the day, he's never been a long term starter, and that's who he is. He's not a better bench guy than Gordon. But he's on a good contract. I think for the Lakers, they would swap him for Brewer but for the loss of productivity from a good asset, they can expect like a #19 or 20 pick. Problem is our pick is like 27 because we're so damn good.

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

toronto is wanting to go deeper in the playoffs. any other teams out there ready to go all in?

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'd give up Harrell m, Brewer and our first and denvers second.

I like Harrell but for whatever reason he doesn't get consistent minutes.

Lou Williams is a consistent 15+ ppg guy in limited minutes. He's shooting 38% from three.

It's quadrupling down on more offense and more guard offense but whatever.

Hui likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Washington i'd say, maybe the Pacers since it seems they're scared to lose George next year...

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i understand this approach, it's just that i don't like Lou, he can definitely score, no question about that. But he's inclined to keep the ball and shoot a lot (and bad in the playoffs), similar to Jamaal Crawford and Thornton (let's say), and i don't really love these kind of players tbh, i know they can still be useful (at least during the regular season) off the bench but eh...that's why i wouldn't trade for them (at least ), but that's just me ;)

6. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

You have to be weary from what you hear from a Laker fan/forum. They tend to overvalue their players beyond most people's perspective. That would be like me saying I will give the Pacers Brewer x 1st rounder.

Well they said they wanted help for Paul George. Brewer is a great defender and wonderful transition player.

Vivi likes this.
  7. thekad

thekad Member

How does Lou Williams even get minutes here? We have a three guard rotation already and he can't obviously can't guard wings effectively.

D-rock and Jatman20 like this.
  8. Nivos

Nivos Member

Instead of Brewer's minutes??
    You have to take in consideration how fragile this team is if and when Beverly or Gordon are injured.
    Williams brings that spark from the bench. and he can play alongside Gordon and as a second playmaker as a killer bench backcourt even when everyone is healthy.
    He will be a great fit for us.
    Question is how much are we willing to give up for him.
    Which like everyone here, I don't see us matching the Lakers unrealistic asking price

9. Nivos

Nivos Member

True, and that was my first reaction as well. But after thinking about it- how much difference would be between a very low first rounder pick to a very high second rounder? Not saying I would go for it, but not a complete STFU like I originally thought. Maybe even getting back Thomas Robinson on that sort of deal.
    It's all depends of how much you value Williams as a difference maker

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that's actually fair enough, but still, you never pay two 1sr rounders a bench guy (like Mathloom said), especially if he's not a great player which comes off the bench for specific reasons, like, let's say Ginobili. Personally i just wouldn't trade for Lou because i don't think those kind of players are truly useful if not to some extent in the regular season, but this is another story ;)

11. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

D-rock likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol

Mavs assets btw = their pick (which has a good/great chance to be in lottery, top 10 maybe) and Justin Anderson...can't remember other pieces...if they can't move their pick i'm not sure how they can trade for Okafor, unless Anderson and a 2nd rounder is enough...

The Sixers have so many cheap and good/interesting pieces though...would be great to steal one or two of those guys, i'm still shacking my head a bit for Covington, he looked really interesting for this team a couple of years ago and we let him go to keep someone like Black i think...eh, one of the very few moves i think Morey ****ed up.

@Nivos if/when you can, you should ask your buddy if he would trade Randle, and what he would ask for him, just curious

#72 Vivi, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    D-rock and Jatman20 like this.
  13. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Yes I liked Covington when we originally had him. Seth and Harris would be duplication on second thought.
    How about this one instead?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j98rc39

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol, Magic fans on twitter trying hard to convince people the Pacers should trade George to them for Vucevic (because he's great and Turner is not a center), and a pick...roftl...

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh...good question...but i'd still prefer to keep Sam here, maybe i'd leave Rob in Philly and instead of Sam give them a 1st to get back 2nd from Dallas if possible...like:

Holmes, Curry, Mavs 2nd to HOU

Matthews, pick to PHI

Okafor, KJ, Ennis to Dallas

...hell, send Brewer to the Mavs and take back Bogut instead of Mejri if possible lol

Would be interesting to know what the Sixers think about Rob thoug, he's a starter now, but Saric and Simmons are going to take the spot and the minutes going forward, they're obviously better.

16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Your trade would look like this
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=juswcp5

I'm trying to sneak Dekker to 76ers as a SF; but I noted Dekker plays very few minutes at SF as per 82games.com. Hoping Philly doesn't know the same.

Some would say the Rockets need a Rim protector. That's where Mejri would come in to play. Bogut for
    Brewer works for me. At one time Mark Cuban was trying to collect all of his former championship team; which
    Brewer was a part of. Mejri would have to wash Ariza's jock strap for a week upon joining the Rockets.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

**** Mejri. If we sign him I hope we drive his ass in the desert and bury him alive and collect that disabled player exception.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Another good reason to bring him in. The pay per view of Ariza vs Mejri would be thru the roof.

Greater than McGregor vs Mayweather. Lol.

For those who don't know....Ariza claimed Mejri talked trash about Ariza's family during a game.

Just trying to appease those who say the Rockets need a big "BIG".....but I noted the Rockets
    use Nene/Capela/Ryno/Harrell/Chinanu predominantly at Center on 82games.com. Someone
    would need to be traded. Personally I don't think the Rockets will trade for a big because of
    the log jam.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This thread is going to go ballistic every time someone is traded to a team that is not us.

'Why Mauri U not trade for (insert name of useless gimp who can't shoot 3s or make layups here)'

Can't wait.

Jatman20, DudeWah and RudyTBag like this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, add Brewer for Bogut and a 1st to Philly for a Mavs 2nd, at least that's something i would do...i think.