1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do they play hard for him though? I mean, we can point to defensive players as playing hard, but are they playing hard for BOB or are they playing hard for RAC and Vrabel? How many guys on that offense can we point to as playing hard? That's BOB's impact on the team and it's a unit that has declined more and more with each passing season he's here.

I agree that Vrabel is the guy you'd pass it to, but the idea was that you'd need someone to come in that actually knows how to coach offense.

2. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Galko had them completely honed in on a safety and Pauline had the QB chatter as a smokescreen with them honed in on OT/CB. All of these guys probably hear from low-level scouts or rival executives. Nobody knows what's truly going on except the guys at the top of the particular organization as always.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

No surprise on either front really. BO'B wants all-power and never got it. Rick Smith has all-power and never earned it.
    Rick survived the Brockening though, I mean, at what point do we just know he either quits or dies. He's never going to be fired.

Next HC: Vrabel. RAC goes back to DC, stays assistant HC or retires/moves on. Vrabel's arrow been pointing straight up for like 3 years now, I'd hate to have invested so much into him just to see him walk away.

4. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I'm not defending the offense. The plan on that side of the ball has been scattershot and all over the place since he got here. It seems like he tried to micromanage at first, then he tried to delegate, and now he's going back to micromanaging. He's tried for a so-called "gameplan" offense but there has been no real identity at the heart of that. What is their bread-and-butter??? That was and is a real problem. All I'm saying is that the players convey the impression that they like and respect him (Brock excluded). He sticks up for his players a lot of the time in the public eye.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Fantasma Negro

Bears lol

7. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Our draft grades are basically how much people like or dislike Watson.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://sports790.iheart.com/onair/t...ocks-breakdown-of-texans-2017-draft-15787056/

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Watson and Foreman are the Dak and Zeke of next year in different positions amirite?

Fulgore likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are we really going to be subjected to this line of analogous thinking for the next season? We are not the ****ing cowboys, stop ****ing comparing us to the cowboys!! Its only Monday and I've already heard this **** more times than I care to count, stop spreading this Skip Bayseless driven narrative

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Watson placed in a great situation just like Russ and Dak. Hopefully he beats out savage in camp

12. Fantasma Negro

Russel Wilson, great analogy

13. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I feel like I heard that last year too. And how did they do?

texans1095 likes this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Don't get me wrong both Russ and Dak are great players and make huge plays for their team but they were placed in great situations. Same goes for rookie Big Ben.

the shark likes this.
  15. conquistador#11

I actually like the Jaguars going after fournette. Good move for them when they take on other opponents, strong runner for 5 yards is better than a pick six. When they play against us, that means more TFLs to go around for Wattney and merciless.

16. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Thought I'd share a video I put together looking forward to Deshaun Watson as our QB of the future!

Nook and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

IMO Mahomes went to the perfect team. I'm sure this has been said before but Andy Reid will bring out that Favre like potential that everyone sees.

18. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Ballard, the current Colts GM and former Chiefs scouting guru, supposedly had been on Mahomes in a major way for the last three years. It seems like Reid has had a woody for Pat that whole time as well.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He's got a long way to go to correct that footwork and mechanics. Also needs to stop taking so many hits and playing that backyard freestyle manziel like football

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm sure Reid is probably already drilling this in his head.