1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Then what system are they drafting for?

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

no consensus opinion about any of these QBs, and plenty of teams needing one, this is one of the more uncertain drafts I can remember

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Draft Plum...

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Gotta be close to Bortles vs Manziel vs Bridgewater vs Carr vs Jimmy G. Interestingly enough, both drafts had a pass rusher as the consensus #1.

5. Buck Turgidson

California Penal.

6. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Watson
    Mahomes
    Lamp
    McCaffrey

7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

God, I hate Twitter. Is one of those handles (is that what it is called?) his Dad or something? I see 2 handles both with Mahomes in it.

8. Buck Turgidson

This. Half the time you have to click the ****ing twitter handle just to figure out who is saying what.

9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Got a gut feeling we draft a QB. The last time we drafted a QB in the first round was Carr, right? That was 2002, THAT WAS 15 YEARS AGO. So historically, we gotta give the front office a chance IMHO. If they decide QB, I'm sure it's the right choice.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Even then there was a consensus that Bortles was going to be the top guy, the debate was when it came to everyone else....and it turned out that the best of the bunch was the guy least talked about.

11. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Savage was very raw with a big arm and upside while Peterman is very polished with a decent arm and a high floor but relatively low ceiling. I see and hear a lot of Kirk Cousins comps for Peterman.

12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

This is as disengaged with football, specifically the draft as I've been in over 10 years.

I honestly don't think I can keep watching them if they go pick up another DE/OLB. I don't care if he's amazing. Truth be told, I don't care which QB they take but they damn sure better get one. I'm about 50/50 on whether they will or not but I'm 100% sure that's what they need to do. It almost doesn't even matter to me if the draftee is good. They're just so stuck needing one it almost can't fail as a pick.

I'm just so disgusted by 'same ol" TExans.

Perki-Perk likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly the mentality that led to Brock Osweiler being picked up.

askball likes this.
  14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is the mentality that has us stuck in mediocrity.

Perki-Perk likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do wish Texans fans would learn what that term actually meant.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Please enlighten us ol' great one.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It means "not very good" and it most certainly is not something that means "didn't win it all" or "not the best team in the league" which is how Texans fans use the term. When a team dominates their division and has recent playoff wins, it's not an applicable term for an NFL team.

Honestly though, the more I hear that word thrown around to describe a perennial playoff team, the more I'm convinced that Texans fans don't deserve any level of success.

18. prohibido

prohibido Member

This may very well be true but it strikes me as absolutely idiotic for the team to spin its wheels for a year and waste the defense for another year instead of firing a guy the owner and the GM know will not be the head coach in 2018. If you're going to fire him, fire him after the Patriots loss and move on with things. The logistics of it are insane. Why would you draft a quarterback today or tomorrow and spend a year teaching him a system that is not going to be used a year from now?

It is just mind boggling incompetence. But since the team is owned by a disgusting freak it's all quite plausible.

Perki-Perk, RasaqBoi and J.R. like this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This kind of ignorant hot take is 100% political and it's obvious to everyone.....so, don't be that guy. It's pretty pathetic.