1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Apr 25, 2017.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Funny this time last year, Hackenburg to the Texans was all but confirmed.

BigMaloe and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

INB4 the Doc Rocket accusations/backlash!

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Damn it I want Watson more than Mahomes

mikol13 likes this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

My thoughts, If Mahomes is your guy, the guy you see as the FRANCHISE GUY, do what it takes to get him and I'll get behind it.. Did the Brock ordeal suck? Yes. Do I fault them for trying? Not at all.

If Mahomes is gone before we are up, draft an Olineman or TJ Watt and wait for someone else later (Peterman, Webb, Kizer if you trade up)...

This is all in belief that Mahomes is who they want, if this is a smokescreen because Kizer or Watson is who they want, then by all means do it in the first. Get the QB you think is franchise in the first. If you don't think that for any of them Rick/BOB, then go Oline.

Two Sandwiches and texans1095 like this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ha I'm trying to give my Clutchfan brotherin some insight.

If you see the Texans move up in draft then you can all assume who it will be :)

RasaqBoi and Shark44 like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Any word if BOB likes Watson as well?

7. tmacfor35

Zero clue our convo happened a few days ago on the golf course.

It was brought up randomly.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. CallMeTheDream

Would rather they take a kicker/punter at 25 than trade up for Mahomes.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

TJ Watt please

10. tmacfor35

Stop.

11. CallMeTheDream

You're right that would be foolish. I'd rather trade out the first round all together to prevent any chance of him falling to us before we do something stupid like giving up multiple picks for his ass.

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm just ready for new Texans faces. Been a while since we were talking about Fuller's hands.

13. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I see them trading up for mahommes.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I think that we can all agree that we hope whoever the Texans pick in the first round is good enough to where they'll be wanting to pick up their 5th year option. So long as that happens, we'll have to be at least a little happy.

Yaosthirdleg and texans1095 like this.
  15. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

brock was the right move at the time. can't imagine how fans would have reacted if we reached on Hackenburg lol

texans1095 likes this.
  16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

I don't think they need to trade up too get him, not that I think he's anything more than a huge bust

17. Fantasma Negro

John McClain said on 610 he spoke to Mahomes' agent and the agent indicated they'd been in contact with two top 15 teams. Its looking like Mahomes to Arizona. Jacksonville could **** us on the Watson front, a lot of mocks now showing them taking a qb and if that's Watson we're gonna have to go with Kizer

18. texans1095

texans1095 Member

It's so tough to tell at this point. Because there's also been several reports that, despite wanting to add a QB in the draft, Arizona won't do it in the 1st round as they feel they are on the back end of their win-now mode. Once again, at this point in the process it's hard to tell if its true or not, but multiple reporters think that only one QB will go in top 15 (Trubisky to Browns). However, I would be ecstatic if the Jags took Watson. That would be a typical Jags move. I for one don't want him at all so I would be fine with him going early. But even if Mahomes, Trubisky and Watson are all gone I really don't see anyway that the Texans will feel like they need to take Kizer at 25. They've never been a team to draft purely based on need so of none of the top 3 QB's are there I fully expect them to go best available, which shouldn't be Kizer.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well that would mean that our pick didn't get a serious career threatening injury.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, and that they weren't a bust to begin with. Like I said, so long as whoever we pick in the first round is a good enough pick to justify that 5th year option then we did pretty well, especially if we trade up.

texans1095 likes this.