1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2016-17 NBA MVP Voting Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Apr 11, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I remain optimistic!

yixiixiy, Reeko and DonKnock like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

My ballot

1. Harden
    2. Kawhi
    3. IT
    4. LBJ
    5. Westbrook

I haven't had an official vote since the day they sold all of my rainbow seats though.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

My official vote is

Harden
    Leonard
    Westbrook
    James
    Wall

4. Nabz34

Nabz34 Member

Rob Mahoney (SI) said on twitter that he doesn't have a ballot this year. Unless there are two Rob Mahoney's might need to edit your talley (which would unfortunately mean loss of a first place vote for Harden).

5. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Link?

6. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Sometimes you just have to tweet at people and see if they respond to you!

7. Nabz34

Nabz34 Member

samtaylor likes this.
  8. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Wilbon will vote Harden 2nd...BUT literally says he's voting for Westbrook because he played bad against the Suns, then immediately took practice shots after the game??? WTF

yixiixiy and DonKnock like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

almost everyone who says that it's a "tough decision" ends up going with Russ unfortunately

DonKnock and J Sizzle like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is why the award has always been predetermined. Everybody who doesn't know just goes with Westbrook because it's an easier sell and requires less thinking. This is why Westbrook was always going to win. His case is simple. Harden's takes some actual nuanced thinking, which is not a requirement to be a voter.

Reeko likes this.
  11. Daddy Long Legs

lmao so his crappy suns performance is a positive in westbrooks mvp case now?

lol dude harden practices all the time too. chill out with that argument. so dumb

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

it was almost a wrap in regards to Harden winning the MVP award after that OKC game, but things slipped away in the last 2-3 weeks

it's like Harden was up 3-2 in a playoff series with game 6 on his home floor and ended up losing the series

special shoutout to the useless Mavs, Magic, and Nuggets for their choke jobs against OKC and allowing Westbrook to dominate them in the 4th quarter...smh

BigM likes this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It was never a wrap after that OKC game.

14. Daddy Long Legs

dude that mike wilbon argument was so dumb. he basically just said he likes westbrook more. Basically said westbrook is more inspiring, captivating, and mysterious. Makes it sound as if Westbrook is from some folklore fairy tale or something.

This media definition of westbrook as this amazingly otherwordly competitor is kind of lame. I love westbrook and think he's great but how the hell can anyone prove that he practices more or tries harder than james harden, or lebron james or steph curry?

Steph curry didn't get amazing at shooting by not practicing. THEY ALL PRACTICE ALL THE DAMN TIME. such a stupid argument

split41, BigMaloe and BigM like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Exactly. This is why I said that the smarter voters seem to be gravitating towards Harden, there just might not be enough of them. Westbrook has Chris Broussard aka "if he averages 9.9 assists instead of 10 then he's not my MVP" voting for him as well as dudes like Wilbon who's talking about him practicing after getting blown out by a tanking Suns team after assist hunting in the 4th quarter.

BigMaloe and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I laughed when he said that Westbrook told that assistant coach that he doesn't deserve to have somebody rebound for him. It's like they want to turn this season by Westbrook into an inspirational movie. Gimme a break...

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

It almost was. Harden was an overwhelming favorite after that game. Even guys like Max Kellerman conceded that Harden would win the MVP award. However, things completely changed after that.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Westbrook getting it is good. Rockets will cone out and sweep okc now

19. Daddy Long Legs

It pisses me off because I don't even dislike Westbrook. I feel like he's a good player and not a dick but this media nonsense fairy tale makes it really hard to stay objective.

I mean the media did this to JJ Watt too. Obviously JJ Watt is amazing but it started getting really damn corny when they came out with all these stories about how much more motivated and old school he is then his contemporaries.

This is such BS. To say Westbrook practices or cares more than other star nba players is crazy. James Harden was playing through his wrist injury for the exact reason wilbon brought up "you can count on him and he cares that fans who spent their money came to see HIM play"

I guarantee Westbrook, Harden, Curry, Kawhi, Lebron are all professionals and work their ass off to be good and practice as much as they can. To say Westbrook cares more than those guys is bs and kind of an insult.

Reeko likes this.
  20. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Tony Jones of the Salt Lake Tribune has a vote

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.