1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2013 NBA Dunk Contest

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by KingCheetah, Feb 7, 2013.

1. 713

713 Member

Gerald Green reppin Houston.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hate to say that but he was younger back then

3. VanityHalfBlack

This is going to be the best ALL Star Weekend ever, and I never really care for these types of events... In Houston no less, WOW!!!!!

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Bold prediction....

Terrence Ross takes home the crown

5. ths balla

ths balla Member

Wow, that yahoo article just ruined it for me, stupid East vs West scoring system

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

What in the world is up with an East vs. West in the dunk contest, is that just so people think it's different and refreshing? Now you take away the chance of having the best in the Finals. I'm not getting my hopes up.

7. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

they better change the system back to what was in 2000.

If they do it'll be epic. If they don't it'll be lame.

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Yea the whole east vs west thing is lame but let's see how it turns out before we burn it down

9. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

i want to see someone slam it with their face

10. RedRespect

RedRespect Contributing Member

The slam dunk contest is one of my favorite events of the weekend. Sweet that this is in Houston this year!

I'm hoping to take my kids to the Jam Session they offer that weekend. Looks like it could be a cool experience for them. Who knows who we'll see around that weekend!

11. Asian Sensation

I have a feeling it's going to be as bad as when the players had to copy a dunk from a legend like that 2nd time Steve Francis was in the contest.

As for the actual contest I'm excited because you have a group of guys that all bring something different to the table. I think James White has the longest hang time. The nickname "Flight" is very suiting for him. Gerald Green might have the highest overall vertical and he dunks hard but I think he could be more smooth. I personally like Terrence Ross the most... he has the combination of vertical, power for a skinny guy and his dunks look so smooth. Having someone like Faried will be cool because he's so strong and big yet athletic I could see him trying to pull off something crazy we've never seen before. Bledsoe should be exciting by default. Little guys with hops always look cool when dunking. I think Evans will finish last.

I'll go with Ross taking it.

12. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

I like Bledsoe's size to power ratio for the contest. He's like a 6 ft 1 Nate Robinson athletically.

13. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Epic line up. Faried and Bledsoe are there to have some name recognition, but my god the grouping of White, Green, Evans and Ross is fantastic.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I thought this would be epic, until i realized Green and white can't be in the finals.

16. munco

munco Member

yeah, it's absurd they instituted this East/West crap for the dunk contest.

i also hope White isn't past his prime dunking days. he's 30 now.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Wait a ******* minute???? Instead of individual dunk-offs, we get team dunking competition??? I don't understand, there's only two conferences East/West??? I'm confused why don't they do this by division, wait what the fock is going on???

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I wonder if Green will throw up the H when he wins it.

19. gah

gah Member

Evans is a hell of a jumper but as the champion of one of the worse dunking contests , he may very well finish last.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

K1X: What does the selection to the Slam Dunk Contest during the All-Star Game in Houston mean for you personally?

James White: It’s an honor just to be involved with the NBA at all. But to be honest with you, I have been waiting for this opportunity my whole life. Pretty much ever since I participated in my first dunk contest.

_____

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UwxA-pHhVwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>