1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official]2012-13 New York Knicks Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Oct 20, 2012.

1. carayip

carayip Member

Do you think the Knicks now consider Lin's contract not so overpaid that they would trade Amare for Lin? Lol.

Maybe that guy who dropped 30+ on Celtics for them yesterday now have a chance of doing a Linsanity? :confused:

2. 713

713 Member

knicks will always suck. that basketball organization is cursed.

3. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

The main problem with Knicks is the Melo-Stat combo. Phil Jackson, Charles Barkley, and others stated flatly they will not work well. Even, Chris Mullin, HOF, summarized the Knicks problem:

Mullin believes the Knicks age issue is nowhere as vital as the Melo-Amar’e marriage.

“Age is a factor for sure,’’ Mullin told The Post at Bell Centre. “But I think that Rasheed (Wallace), Kurt (Thomas), Jason Kidd and Marcus Camby, they’re pieces on the outside - support. It’s going to get back to Carmelo and Amar’e and how well they play together. How well they incorporate the other players with them. That’s what it’s going to come down to. I don’t think it’s a secret.’’

Stoudemire and Anthony are usually in denial. The two combined for 42 points in the 19-point loss to the Raptors Friday but they did their best work when the other one was out of the game. It’s a strange phenomenon.

With 7:40 left and Stoudemire starting to heat up, Melo checked in as Mike Woodson wanted to make one last burst to try to steal the game with the Knicks down seven. Stoudemire almost never saw the ball again, was lax on the boards and Melo missed three straight shots. The Raptors were on their way to an easy victory.

Source: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblog/hall_chemistry_famer_mullin_knicks_qxiK5wpdK6OrbYlZcsMkoN

4. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Melo never coexists with any player.

5. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/elSmZHnfHsM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. mirus

mirus Member

8. King Boo

King Boo Member

I really hope to see this on Dec. 17. However, I don't think Carmelo would ever be trying that hard on defense.

9. King Boo

King Boo Member

[​IMG]

This one is pretty awesome. Including the corpse of Mike Bibby on there was a little distasteful though.

10. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Not cursed just incompetent with Dolan and Isiah running things....
    Yes Isiah is definitely still involved.

11. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Melo and Amare CAN co-exist. They did it all right the first season they were together, before they got Tyson.

It's the three of them that can't exist on the floor together. Tyson, Amare, and Melo -- no spacing!

12. tinman

Supporting Member

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Class move by Wade

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...de-heat-knicks-sandy-donate-paycheck/1677587/

Wade says postpone Knicks game; donates to Sandy victims

4:20PM EDT November 2. 2012 - NEW YORK – Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade loves basketball, and he loves playing at Madison Square Garden. He just doesn't want to play basketball in Madison Square Garden on Friday night.

Wade said Friday's Heat-Knicks game at Madison Square Garden in storm-ravaged New York City should have been postponed, and he told USA TODAY Sports he will donate his salary from the game to charity.

When it comes to road venues, "It's my favorite place to play," Wade told USA TODAY Sports of the Garden. "But just knowing a lot of people here and knowing what they've been going through with no power, no water, no food … to me, it just seems like there's bigger things to be concerned about than a basketball game.

"Even though I know life goes on and you still have to do certain things, I just felt that they canceled the game in Brooklyn, then this one would be canceled as well. … The game tonight shouldn't be played.

Wade plans to donate his pay from Friday's game – approximately $210,000 before taxes – to charity, and said he and his teammates are looking for the right charitable organization.

"The money I make tonight can be left for a good cause," he said. "I know a lot of people here. Knowing the things they have been through, it's just mind-boggling. Miami is a place that is affected by hurricanes all the time so I know how the community can be impacted by it. It's tough."

Thousands of New Yorkers remain without power, and store shelves have been depleted of basic staples. A handful of traffic signals near busy Madison Square Garden were out, and other traffic lights flickered. Driving into Manhattan revealed large stretches of lower Manhattan and lower mid-town in the dark.

14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Jason Kidd is so fat

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

"You wanna play Rasheed? You wanna play some? Let's go."
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="http://t.co/HQVQHNTY" title="http://twitvid.com/HPFQB">twitvid.com/HPFQB</a> - VIDEO: Woodson To Rasheed Wallace: "You wanna play some Rasheed? ....You wanna play??? ...Let's GO!" <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Knicks">#Knicks</a></p>&mdash; MetsKevin11 (@MetsKevin11) <a href="https://twitter.com/MetsKevin11/status/264556379073818624" data-datetime="2012-11-03T02:35:30+00:00">November 3, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Mike Woodson is one cool dude.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Melo lead his team with 10-28 shooting for 30 points.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Playing well. Mike woodson looks like a good coach.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Carmelo looking good

20. SK34

SK34 Member

THey have won all 3 games by 15+ points... They seem legit this year.