1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official 2006 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by m_cable, Jun 28, 2006.

1. TheBigSleep

TheBigSleep Member

Gansey is a player I definitely want to see at workouts. He is someone who I think could definitely make the team considering how poor the backcourt is.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

LOL. Yeah this may turn out to bite the Rockets big time...with T-Mac having back problems and no significant cap space in the future...letting a third scorer go for a shooting SF is a joke...the Rockets are gonna suck for a while in my opinion...cause i do think T-Mac is gonna hold the Rockets back for the next 6 years with his back problems. There is nothing but bad news to follow in my opinion.

4. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

I am with you. Stupidity will always be punished.

5. Aizik

Aizik New Member

hi there

regarding Lior Eliyau , the 53th overall pick that traded from the magic.

Lior Eliyau (21, 6' 9" PF) in my opinion is a good future project for Rockets.
    Lior's nick in israel is "the diamond" and it comes to tell that the boy has a huge potential, and a domestic presence on the court.
    Eliyau has soft touch from mid-range and above, a great touch with the glass while penatrate (tim duncan style) and a good passing skill.
    he is an athlete that will evolve to be a great player in europe, no doubt.
    however - as mentioned before he plays at the Power forward position in europe succesfuly.he is not big enough to gaurd 6' 10' athletic forwards in the NBA, yet he is not quick and fast enough to the SF position, and he's 3 point shooting is not his strong side.

as an israeli And as a rockets fan , it would be great for me if Eliyau will eventualy make it to houston, but 1st i think the Rockets should instruct him on which roll to focus on in the coming 2-3 years:
    get stronger (hopefully higher ?....) and adjust more to the PF position ,
    OR work on quickness and outside shooting and defence .

cheers

6. MadMax2891

MadMax2891 New Member

You guys are all way overreacting. I don't think I've heard anybody who is sold on Gay being anything close to a sure thing, and there's alot to say for getting a guy who is already proven and can contribute right away like Battier.

He will come in and already be our best defender, and he is a legimate shooter, something no one will deny we desperately need. I'm not saying this is for sure a good trade, only time will tell that, but I am saying Battier will be a good fit, and he will definately help the team.

With the NBA draft being such a crapshoot, it's never a terrible move to get a proven commodity who is ready to play over a rookie with "upside" or "potential".

7. Diaw

Diaw Member

besides gansey, Rashad Anderson and Thomas Gardner also went undrafted ... hope we'll get'em on our summer league team

8. Manos

Manos Member

Come on....Legitimate scorer? He's a career 10ppg and 5 rpg... So instead of getting younger and more athletic, we get older and slower. Stro + Gay for Battier is pathetic. CD is a moron, it's now undeniable. Unless it's made overly obvious who he needs to draft, he f***s it up.

2002 15 Bostjan Nachbar 4.9 1.9 0.8 (BUST)
    2001 23 Brandon Armstrong 2.2 0.6 0.2 (Traded for Griffin - BUST)
    2001 18 Jason Collins 5.3 4.9 1.3 (Traded for Griffin - BUST)
    2001 13 Richard Jefferson 16.3 5.8 3.1 (Traded for Griffin - BUST)
    2000 9 Joel Przybilla 4.0 5.6 0.6 (Traded for Collier - BUST)
    1999 22 Kenny Thomas 10.7 7.4 1.7 (decent)
    1998 14 Michael Dickerson 15.4 2.9 2.6 (decent- short career)
    1998 16 Bryce Drew 4.4 1.2 2.2 (BUST - passed on Lewis)
    1998 18 Mirsad Turkcan 1.9 1.9 0.3 (Who?)
    1997 24 Rodrick Rhodes 5.3 1.2 1.7 (Crap)

Besides Yao (which was obvious), Head and Thomas, they've made crap 1st rd picks for the last decade.
    It was a blessing that Gay was available to us at 8. I'm not sure if you've seen him play, but I think he would be capable of putting up 10 ppg/5rpg by his second season easily, not to mention he is younger and faster than Battier. The rockets had the opportunity to get younger and more athletic and once again decided to pass. Maybe they can resign Wesley to 5 year deal while they're at it......

9. Hakeem's Dream

Hakeem's Dream Contributing Member

I just got in on this convo but I heard on the way to work that we are going to trade him with Swift. It doesn't even matter what he looks like because he isn't staying. He's a mere pawn.

10. chrismohan

chrismohan New Member

This might be the worst trade I've ever seen and epitomises everything thats wrong with this franchise. Trade youth and athleticism for a safe bet with little upside. Play for this year instead of whats good for this franchise a couple of years down the line.

My God! Shane Battier for the 8th overall pick of the draft. Plus Swift.....

11. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

from the chad ford chat going right now:

Dee (Portland): What was the logic behind the Blazers and Timberwolves drafting for each other at 6 and 7? If the wolves didn't get anything in addition, why didn't each team just draft the player they wanted?

SportsNation Chad Ford: (12:21 PM ET ) What I was told was that the Wolves were selecting Roy for Houston and that Houston was going to take Foye and another asset (Luther Head or a future No. 1) and swap them for Roy. However, the Blazers figured it out, drafted Foye, and killed the deal. That's why the Wolves essentially swapped No. 6 for No. 7 without any compensation.

looks like we did our best to get roy.......too bad.

12. enigmacx

enigmacx Member

It's West, who told Portland to pick foye, because he knows exact the 5-man list of rox.

CD is just an idiot! :mad: