1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Offical] Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 10, 2018.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Did you know I remember you posting since 99? Feel like u were a Najera fan back during the draft haha.

Houstunna likes this.
  2. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

LOL yeah. A former Sooner.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Lineup was just posted. Some very notable changes. Really irritated that McCann is not catching.

1. Bregman 3B
    2. Springer RF
    3. Altuve DH
    4. Correa SS
    5. Gurriel 1B
    6. Margo 2B
    7. Kemp LF
    8. Maldonado C
    9. Marisnick CF

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

CrushCity likes this.
  5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Wow Correa moves up. Kemp and Marisnick hmmmm. I like Springer at right and Jake in center.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

HOW many chances do we give Maldonado?

Dude not catching the ball last night was one of the reasons we lost last night.

I get it that McCann is not going to pick off runners but what does that matter when Maldy randomly advances runners when he doesn't catch the ball? It's worse too because if there is someone on 3rd (and against the Red Sox, someone is always on third) it's a run given up. At least with McCann the Red Sox have to put the ball in play or take a walk to score.

I agree with Marisnick though, we got the best possible game out of Reddick last night, probably won't do that again this series. Good that we moved Correa up.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Available at Academy

15398936251095599600202123715391.jpg
    15398937506173702328628980571506.jpg

CrushCity likes this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

I'm pulling out all my good luck gifs that I used during last year's playoff run.

First, bloody Ric Flair - we're hurt but we're not dead, and we're not afraid.

[​IMG]

And second, the "I Still Believe" sax man from Lost Boys.

[​IMG]

HTM likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

reddick's play really warranted him out of the lineup?

10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

He's 0-11 vs. Price. I imagine that was a factor. Then again, Hinch completely ignored McCann's great numbers vs. Price in favor of Maldonado. Not the lineup I expected to see.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm no expert or anything but I'm not a fan of changing the lineup multiple times in the middle of a series.

I don't remember; did the team make changes in the middle of a series last year?

whiskeyred likes this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Hmm, interesting that Reddick is out considering he was hitting pretty well last night and had that amazing catch in the 9th. I'm glad that Correa is finally batting cleanup. Yes, it weakens the bottom part of the order, but for chrissakes, we need to have a part of the lineup that can make the opposing pitching pay.

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Hinch is all over the place- aside from the lineup tinkering, in the space of five days he went from leaving Joe Smith and Rondon off the first roster, to putting them in big game situations. Brutal.

everyday eddie and Tomstro like this.
  14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

They did; they'd move parts around in the bottom of the order. But the top 4 were locked.

I did/do not like Bregman hitting first; I supported flipping him and Altuve and I suggested moving Correa back to clean-up ahead of yesterday's game. Unfortunately, tonight might be day late/dollar short.

Gun to my head, I'd have rather had Springer up in the B9. Not that I didn;t *like* having Bregman - i just preferred Springer.

15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This is the same guy that once had a MLB record 18 pitch at bat at the time only to hit a homerun on the 18 pitch. It was just a matter of time before the inevitable happened. Didn't even get thrown a 3rd ball.

[​IMG]

16. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

His computer must be busted

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Within the series a lot of Lineup Changes, Bullpen guys not normally pitching their own innings. A lot of Injuries to players, down years in batting, pitching.
    A.J. Hinch is in Panic Mode. Just a Brutal Series. The Umpires are against the team also.

18. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Makes you wonder if Cora was a stabilizing sounding board for him last season. I still have complete faith in Hinch but the Rondon and Smith decisions are a little baffling.

everyday eddie and CrushCity like this.
  19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Hinch is not doing a good job in this series. Its not all on him but he is doing a poor job.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Short of JV demanding Maldanado is his catcher, there's very little logic behind starting him. He has the yips. It's a fairly important skill, one would think, for a catcher to be able to CATCH THE F***ING BALL. Makes even less sense since McCann has historically hit Price well.

I'm glad Correa moved back to his rightful spot...but I agree with @Hey Now! that the move should've have been to put Breg #2 and Altuve 3, leaving Springer at leadoff.