1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Off-season Priorities

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rawbrah, Jan 9, 2016.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Lol, terrible trade by Doc…that's what I mentioned earlier, but we'd be trading up to get one of the top 2 QBs in this draft, either Goff or Lynch for that same package.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, Jones was better at LG than he was at C. I think he mostly graded out negatively in most games this season at center. The reason we struggled so much early on (when XSF was also out) was because we had essentially downgraded from Myers to Jones at C….and downgraded from Jones to next man up at LG from last year.

Of course, when I say not to resign him, it's mostly because I don't like him much…but realistically, we probably won't have a better option going into next season, so decent chance he remains the starting center.

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I wonder if they'll be able to draft Roberto Aguayo in the 4th round. As great as he was in college, someone will probably pick him in the 2nd or 3rd. We need a reliable kicker.

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Garoppolo is going to turn some heads. wish we took him when we had the chance.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Houston Texans: Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State

The nation’s best all-around running back, Elliott brings the total package. He exhibits the sharp cutting necessary for a zone blocking running system, but he’s equally adept at getting downhill and running through contact as he was often asked to do at Ohio State. He’s a good fit for Houston’s diverse running attack and when you add in his +13.0 blocking grade that led the nation, as well as a +3.1 grade in the pass game, Elliott brings many dimensions to an NFL offense.[/rQUOTEr]

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

TE's please; PFF's TE grades: Garrett Graham 68th, Ryan Griffin 72nd... out of 73.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Every Tight End ranked from best to worst this season.

Best: Rob Gronkowski
    Worst: Kellen Davis <a href="https://t.co/YpSdeDmFmz">pic.twitter.com/YpSdeDmFmz</a></p>&mdash; Pro Football Focus (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/688072157432156160">January 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At Walterfootball, Charlie Campbell's latest mock has the Texans taking an offensive tackle - Taylor Decker from Ohio St to be a mauler at RT.

Would people flip out if that was the pick? Offensive skill positions seem to be all anybody is thinking about.

8. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing HOUSTON TEXANS are closing in on a deal with ex Giants Special Teams asst Larry Izzo to be their new ST coordinator. <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX">@NFLonFOX</a></p>&mdash; Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) <a href="https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/688142355753381889">January 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Izzo is regarded as a great ST coach. About damn time.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

What if I told you he was a former Patriot. :grin::rolleyes:

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Izzo

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

^^ playing for the Patriots will do that for you.

13. Nook

Nook Member

At least he knows what playing for a winner is like.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I would love a lineman to be our first pick... I truly believe a team can only be as good as its offensive line lets it. If BOB isn't confident in any QBs at 22 than O line is a good idea. I'm not sold on the idea of picking a RB early.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I saw that today, and rolled my eyes(mostly because we passed on Wentz). That's my main site for mocks, and I couldn't believe they had us drafting someone other than a skill position in the first. Of course, we took Hackenberg in the second, which made the pick make a little more sense.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

They also kept having us taking Zeke in their earlier mocks. Makes sense but QB is our biggest need

17. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

I want us to draft Elliot then a QB round 2.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Do we sign Ben Jones or Brooks? I hope we bring back Jones at least, the guy played through injury and with about a trillion rotation combos at oline and qbs. Nobody is owed anything in this league but damn if he doesn't deserve some praise and respect.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they bring both back if they are interested in staying. They are 2 of our best O linemen...really can't afford to lose either.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yup, this potentially gives us a young BIG THREE with a QB, RB, and a WR.

Also, I would take a flyer on Peyton. I know he will be 40 but he didn't play much this year and he kills it indoors and on turf. Could be a nice transition to whomever is drafted.