1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Off-season Priorities

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rawbrah, Jan 9, 2016.

1. magman

magman Member

QB, QB, QB, QB, QB, QB, QB, QB.

Finding their quaterback for the foreseeable future should be the biggest goal for the team. Everything else is secondary.

Can't go with another journeyman QB or Hoyer again. Stop screwing around Mcnair, Smith and O'brien. Stop selling us on guys like Hoyer and Fitzpatrick.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Bill O'Brien will hold his season-ending press conference around 9:30 a.m.WATCH LIVE: <a href="https://t.co/Kclv6LZwOp" title="http://bit.ly/1FbwAXI">bit.ly/1FbwAXI</a> <a href="https://t.co/rKh273JeUa" title="http://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/686205868107431936/photo/1">pic.twitter.com/rKh273JeUa</a></p>&mdash; Houston Texans (@HoustonTexans) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/686205868107431936" data-datetime="2016-01-10T15:20:02+00:00">January 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. conquistador#11

after seeing that qb play yesterday, I wouldn't mind seeing robert griffin jr jr. BoB's guru magic works on every qb not named brian hoyer, maybe RG can turn it around. shoot, kaepernick could make the reads hoyer was making yesterday.

QB,Kicker(that can kick it out of play), RB and a TE.

4. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

QB, WR2, RB, TE, & OL. Cut Hoyer. Cut the Wildcat. Cut Graham.

Both lines arefairly solid to elite, and should continue to develop nicely, but we definitely need a backup for Duane. I'd also like to get a legit backup for Watt - I know we were already out of the game when he was injured, but the Defense looked awful the second he stepped off the field.

Personally, I'd get a FA QB and roll with Savage, Draft Pick, & FA - somebody good has to come out of those 3. I'd keep Foster and draft a RB early, maybe even Elliott in RD1, keep Blue, and cut the rest of the crew. WR2 you may be able to get through FA, but no more of this Washington crap. Let Strong develop.

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spend first 4 picks on QBs...
    Find the best 2 cut the rest
    Cutting 2nd and 3rd rounders is nothing new for thos regime anyways.

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State with the 21st pick.

Don't **** up and let a team come ahead of you to draft a RB you supposedly wanted.

QB next round. A lot to choose from.

7. Major

Major Member

A Brees or Manning type is available once in a blue moon. Manning was the perfect storm of getting a replacement in Luck. Brees was the rare situation of having 2 great options with Rivers. What teams have similiar circumstances right now?

The guys you can get, if you want potential upside, are likely RG3 or Kaepernick. That's about it. Maybe Osweiler if Manning decides to come back.

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

How many draft picks do we have?

We have the 21st or 22nd draft pick this year. Obviously, go for a quarterback. I would also draft another quarterback maybe in the 6th round.

So get a legit quarterback prospect. If there is a big time name free agent quarterback let go because of money reasons, or coaching reasons, I'm looking at you Mole Face Brees.

Left tackle in the second round?

And get faster on both sides of the ball. This team lacks team speed.

Next summer into training camp, you might have a drafted quarterback, Weeden or Hoyer, and Savage. And you will carry three quarterbacks next season.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

We're talking about Brees present tense, not past tense. New Orleans is in salary cap hell and a big part of that is Bree's final year of his contract. NOLA's situation and his cap hit makes it appears they could go full blown tank/rebuild mode. That's where swinging picks for Brees could be huge. The key is Brees and his desire or lack thereof to win (or rebuild) in the final years of his playing career. Can he be convinced to come back to Texas? I want my owner to call his agent and show him how serious we are.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

We should have never traded Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick wasn't a top ten QB, but he was at least average. We then paid more to sign Hoyer.

If we can get rid of Fitzpatrick after one season, then we can damn sure get rid of Hoyer after one season. I cannot imagine Hoyer still being on this team next year. I don't care if Hoyer is BOB's best buddy or not. Hoyer must go. I would rather see Savage get a shot than to see Hoyer ever play another down for the Texans.

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

This. Get that RB out of the way and focus on QB next..

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I hope they ask him who outside the Texans organization respects his quarterbacks now.

13. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Fitzy blew the Jets season with his performance in Week 17. Neither Fitzy nor Hoyer have the "it" factor, the clutch gene. Both are great backup QBs.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Brees........or.bust

15. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Or if the city of Houston is still supposed to be proud of Hoyer and Mallett.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I want Mathew Stafford.

DD

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

QB
    TE
    OL Depth
    Safety
    ILB
    WR2
    HB

18. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Same here.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

While we're playing that game, I want Rodgers, since they're regressing (which seems to be enough justification for teams giving up on their franchise quarterback while half the league desperately searches for one every year).

Edit: Realistically available non-rookie QBs:
    Bradford
    Fitz
    Luke McCown
    I would have said Cousins and Brock before this year, but they're going to be locked up.

#39 Kim, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  20. thejav

thejav Member

^^^^hopefully he's available with the 21st pick..then also hope that Connor Cook falls to the late 2nd..then focus on Offensive line..