1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Of course, the Israel Lobby is a myth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by houstonhoya, Jul 18, 2014.

1. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I've been to Israel. I have been to restaurants where Jews and Arabs ate dinner together. Been to parks where Arab children play with Jewish children. Shop at the same stores. Arabs are entitled to all the social benefits as Jews including universal health care, etc.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make or how it's relevant.

3. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

If that really was the case, why can't Arab Israelis own land? Why can't they build homes, since it is illegal? Why have state funded rabbis issued edicts mandating that no Arab may rent from a Jew? Why are Arab men intimidated and beaten by Jewish mobs when they are seen with an Israeli girl? Why is the school system segregated into two different systems in Israel?

These are just a few examples of how Arab Israelis are viciously discriminated against despite being full citizens of Israel.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What do you think matters more to him, what you've seen, or the stories his mommy and daddy told him as a child?

5. dback816

dback816 Member

Should finish your high school diploma first then. I recall they do teach about American history fairly extensively.

6. houstonhoya

So why can't the government trust them to own land? I don't care that you've been there, so has the vast majority of the Senate and they know nothing of, or care to ignore, the apartheid state of affairs in Israel today.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I take it that means you had no point and that it wasn't relevant. Gotcha.

8. houstonhoya

Haha I travel to Israel/Palestine yearly. Come on lil bobs, get with it.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can't blame me for questioning your actual knowledge about the situation since in another thread you were denying the existence of the Peel Commission. Pretty much everything you've said so far reeks of propaganda that you would tell a naive child.

10. houstonhoya

I denied its existence? Unfortunately kid you're a bit out of your league. Go re-read that post and see if you think I really 'denied' it's 'existence'. While you're at it, go read all my other posts haha, I'd appreciate it. Other than that, don't know what else to tell you, but been a good little chat.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's because that is what he has been brought up with. Unfortunately, almost all of them have been indoctrinated with Israel and Jew hate since early childhood. Mathloom admitted as much.

But if Israel wasn't there, they would find ways to kill each other. See: Iraq, Syria.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, you didn't deny it's existence, you denied their findings in saying there was no two state solution proposed in 1937. It would actually be worse if you knew about it's existence, yet didn't know about their proposal. That would be selective ignorance rather than common ignorance.

13. krosfyah

Mommy and daddies are often wrong, otherwise how would slavery persisted for generations?

I'm just telling you what I've seen as an outsider (who is not Jewish or Arab). The propaganda I hear did not match what I saw with my own eyes.

Arabs and Jews live peacefully and side by side. It's a fact that is swept aside by the sensationalist media and the propaganda pushers such as yourself.

There are no laws that Arabs cannot own land. For example, half of Jerusalem is owned and operated by Arabs.

14. krosfyah

Arabs own lots of land in Israel. That is an outright lie.

That said, the land that Palestinians do control, they refuse to let Jews onto it. So Bethlehem is now off limits to Jews. However, Jerusalem is not off limits to Arabs. Why is that?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's a lot of the problem. People on both sides are raised to hate or fear the other side, both being raised to believe themselves to be victims just perpetuating the cycle. Neither side plans on giving up the fight so they'll continue to kill each other and whine about it.

16. houstonhoya

If you owned land from before 48 and retained it after, yea sure you can own that land. But Arabs are not allowed to buy land. I'm short on time now so I must resort to a wiki page but the relevant sources may be externally linked:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_land_and_property_laws

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Much less so on the Israeli side. You have Israelis similar to Deji who clearly have a balanced perspective, and every Israeli I have personally spoken to, many of them expats who live abroad, sees things similarly to Deji.

I have yet to meet the first Palestinian that doesn't HATE HATE HATE Israel and Israelis, and I have spoken to quite a few of them as well. The hate also extends to other Muslims, even though they are personally not affected at all. See: Fascist Erdogan and his followers.

18. krosfyah

See that's part of the myth.

Again, spending time in Israel, I didn't see a major problem in Israel. The problem exists in the areas NOT controlled by Israel. So Gaza strip, for example, was part of Israel and they were citizens of Israel and benefited from 1st world social services. Per their own desire, now it's a Palestinian territory ...and now the standard of living for those people has plummeted. Is that Israel's fault? What "fight" is Israel fighting? Self defense? Arabs can (and do) live in Israel. Jews cannot (and don't) live in Palestine. What is this "fight" that you speak of? What are they fighting for?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Both consider what they are doing to be "self defense" though. Right now, despite the fact that they were all but begging the Israelis to launch an offensive with all of the rocket strikes they've been carrying out, I'm sure the Palestinians feel like the big bad Israelis are picking on them. Also, I'm sure they look at the rocket strikes and whatnot as retaliation for these kinds of incursions, or "self defense" in their minds. Both have a victim mentality even when they are currently the aggressor. Both have their own justification for their actions.

20. krosfyah

Thanks for that link. It's interesting and I learned a few things.

All that said, nowhere does it state that "Arabs are not allowed to buy land". Nowhere in that link did it single out Arabs. It said for any state owned land, any Israeli citizen must lease the land (up to 98 years) from the government.

I saw many Arab businesses in full operation enjoying all the benefits of any Israeli citizen.

I also saw that Jews were not allowed to visit Bethlehem, an area controlled by Palestinians. I also saw Arabs throughout predominantly Jewish areas.