1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Of all the teams out there..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by latebloomer19, Jun 5, 2013.

1. faraza84

faraza84 Member

Started watching as a kid the first championship run, it was random my family would have these parties to watch the rockets and I'm wondering how they got into it. Kinda stopped after the Barkley years due to the heart break of losing in the playoffs and then just barely watched the sf3 show and finally went on a hiatus till I randomly started watching the start of our first playoff series against the boozer and Williams led jazz and been following damn closely since then.

2. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Born in Houston & started watching after the back to backs so I was 9. Moved to dfw since 04 and have not stopped watching them thanks to league pass.

3. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Saw a few Rocket games in 68 when they were the San Diego Rockets when I use to travel for the company I worked for. When they move to my hometown it just seemed natural. Have watch them through thick and thin.

1 person likes this.
  4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Live in Houston & was luck enough to see Hakeem "The Dream" play in his prime :)

5. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Jeremy Lin...love him. Yes, LOF! :p

I started as a Lin fan but fell in love with this team.

Currently, I am only rooting for one team...the Houston Rockets. :cool:

6. split41

split41 Member

Dream shake was the best/most poetic move I've ever seen in basketball.

7. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Started watching cause of Yao. Stayed for everything else.

8. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Yao ming.

9. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I am from Colombia, but went to school in Texas A&M from 92-96. My best friends happened to be Rockets fanatics, took me to a game in the Summit against the Clippers and I got to see the Dream live. Been hooked ever since.

10. enitialdee

enitialdee Member

Born and raise in SoCal. Started watching bball during the Jordan era, and the only team that did a dam besides the Bulls was the Rockets, had a soft spot for them ever since.. Moved to Houston 12 years and became an even bigger Rockets fan..

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I put on for my city.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Born in Houston my mom and dad were huge rockets fans I got so much clutch city stuff still. My dads from Houston so he's been a fan since the team
    Moved here I grew up watching Hakeem and Otis play then we won back to back we were at the parade the Galveston practice. It was awsome. Never stopped watching the rockets. Prob watched 75% of the games since 1997. I'm a season ticket holder now and can't get enough of this team even when were down I still watch.

I really like the texans alot too very passionate fan go to all those games also. But for some reason the rockets just hold a special somthing in my heart. Ill always watch all the games as long as I'm alive. I want dwight so bad this city is blessed to have harden now we need the big guy and bring home some titles for this great city.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I love Pain and Misery. I love to have my heart broken into a million pieces.

Just to be happy once was awesome. Had it twice.

This is what I grew up on.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Damn I feel older than normal.

Been living in this area since I was one(moved here in 66), was a multi-sport athlete as a kid so I was a fan of all the pro teams(Rockets, Astros, Oilers). Got the paper every day so I could keep up with them all since the NBA wasnt widely shown on tv back then. Saw the Rockets play at Hoffheinz and the Summit a few times.

I've seen the highs and I've seen the lows.....helps give you a sense of perspective when keeping up with them these days.

15. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Jeremy Lin
    James Harden
    Daryl Morey
    and now Chandler Parson

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Born & raised in Houston, I'm a lifetime Houston sports fan.

17. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

My best friend was a big Rockets fan for a long time but I refused to jump on the bandwagon. I became a fan when the young guns were added: Cat, Franchise, Moochie, MoT, Kenny Thomas etc.

I liked to pass when I played b-ball so many of my favorite players are PGs that pass well: Stockton, Mark Jackson, Tony Parker, Avery Johnson, Sam I am, JLin. I didn't like the Knicks and was ecstatic that he signed with the Rockets. Not so thrilled about the reception he got from the "true fans" here......

18. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I was a big Shane Battier fan. It certainly wasn't all him, but watching that 22 game win streak 5 years ago was like magic.

19. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

From acquiring of bobby jackson, mike harris and bonzi wells was splendid. Didn't knew that these guys would make an impact to that season that year. It was the best

20. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

As a kid I went to see Phi Slamma Jamma with a friend who's relative always had tickets. Saw one game and I was hooked. They were really amazing. Went to a few games, got my heart broken when Ewing and company stole our glory, and haven't stopped watching since Akeem was drafted (Was sad we didn't get Clyde then too, but that panned out ok after a while). It took a while to be as big a fan as I would become, but the 90's tempered that into red hot steel.