1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Of all the teams out there..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by latebloomer19, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Born and raised in Houston. We had season tickets when I was younger, and I was present at game 7 of the NBA Finals. I've pretty much been a diehard Houston sports fan since I could walk.

2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Olajuwon only a 3 in Steals? Psshhh!

3. lemonpie

lemonpie Member

Because Jeremy Lin

4. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Hi bratn8, yeah. it feels good to know that there are fellow filipinos who love the rockets as much as I do. Lucky you, you had the pleasure of watching the rockets. They're having a preseason game here in october and I cannot wait! :) though the ticket prices are too steep, and I'm only just a student. Maybe I'll just watch it on tv nalang. Hehe

5. Kingshadaine

Kingshadaine Member

Tmac was my favorite player

6. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Moses Malone!

8. ryandoc

ryandoc Member

Nice...

9. liveguy

liveguy Member

Support hometown teams always and FOREVER.

If you don't...you front-running.

10. smr6

smr6 Member

Born and raised in Houston. My parents were Rockets fans even though my dad is from Philadelphia and my mom is from L.A. They both have dropped their hometown sports teams and have adopted the Houston teams since they moved here in the early 80's pretty much.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I'm a Rockets' fan because i'm from Houston. I've been a fan of them since 97(yes heart broken year). That's the year my dad introduce me to Hakeem Olajuwon and told me all about them. I will always love them through good times and bad times. And I've been following clutchfans since 2009 but just joined last year. I did had an account before but I lost my password and forgot about it.

12. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

I'm a born and raised Houstonian. I root for only Houston sports teams.

13. jvu

jvu Member

14. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Moses promised the promise land; I followed.

15. jvu

jvu Member

I was actually a Jordan and glen rice fan so I'm hoping we pick up glen rice jr!!

Than yao came and his attitude heart and hard work just displayed as one of the great representatives for the Asian culture. There aren't many so he was a driving force. Than I realize I fell in love with the organization when morey took over. He simply amaze me with his desire to make everything interesting for the fans.. Ie Aaron brooks Lowry. Attempts at bosh melo etc. although I never liked melo bron or bosh. I felt it was amazing that the hype of a star just coming to Houston was awesome. Even after disappointment I felt there was still hope. The linsanity signing kept me interested and the risk taking Daryl does as a manager is intense. Trade for scola, trades scola. Get young guys replace young guys when they want too much money. I admire his budgeting style. It keeps things interesting. Than we got harden and his beard, Lin w/ china fans, parsons or his charm, asik the Turk, and so many assets that put us in a good position. As a business major I really admire les and Daryl.

Sorry for poor typing. I'm on phone. And good reads guys! Y'all are interesting!

16. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I started paying attention to what the rockets were doing when they drafted yao ming; i had known of them from watching the clutch city championship videos that my dad had bought. It wasn't until they traded for t-mac did i really get into the rockets.Obviously, i knew enough about the nba to know who were the big players in the league. I remember watching the hawkins, nachbar,norris, collier Rockets:cool:. also, being pissed rudy t was leaving and being replaced by jvg.

damn that recent series we with the lakers hurt. We had it all. We could of won that ****.

17. jvu

jvu Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O-Rl1KbwgOD0w"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. bball_lifer

bball_lifer Member

Jeremy Lin

hey, at least I am honest

19. Know Your Role

1986 Finals, while being less than 4 years old. Burned Rockets into my soul. Yes I can remember when Coach Mchale was the most hated person in Houston. Actually that hasn't changed that much.... But the entire city and everyone who lived here were just so excited that the team had made it. Playing that Celtics team meant that the Rockets had finally made it to the NBA promised land. We lost and everyone was pretty upset. I kept watching in 1987, havent missed much since.

20. nalgas05

nalgas05 Member

i remember being a kid, and when the rockets won their championships in 94&95, the streets were celebrating, i could not go down a street without seeing rockets stuff, it was awesome, since then, i have always been a fan