1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Of all the teams out there..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by latebloomer19, Jun 5, 2013.

1. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

Filipino Rocket fan here too, followed the Rockets since the Orlando-Houston finals when Olajuwon owned Shaq, been lurking the forums since 2005ish, during the Yao Ming era,

hmm, we should organize a Filipino Clutchfans meeting during the Rockets game here this October..

2. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

I found a new sig lol thanks

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Grew up watching Jordan.

Then the Rockets and Dream chose me.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I invented the Houston Rockets.

5. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Yes, we should. Have you bought tickets already breh?

6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Damn, I remember that 15-0 start. I was in my teens and was so pumped. I read the sports section of the Chronicle every morning, watching the games on 20vision, and by season end I was not let down

That's how I became a fan!

7. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Born in Arizona, moved to Houston by the time i turned 1 years old. My uncle went to UH during Phi Slamma Jamma. He would come home talking about Clyde, "A"keem, Young, and the rest of the guys. That was when the seed was planted. I like to call it Inception. I was too young to understand anything back then. 92 was the first year I watched all the games that were available on TV. I think most of them were on channel 20 at the time. That's when I learned to hate Sam Freaking Perkins, McMillin, and Payton! My first sports heartbreak that playoff series. I still don't think till this day that my Rockets could have won that first chip if the Sonics hadn't been knocked out in the first round. Freaking George Carl and his illegal defenses.

8. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

not yet, its put June 16 and I'll probably purchase the 8K or less tickets, 27K is too much for ringside ticks :(

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I watched the Rockets and paid a little attention to them growing up, but it wasn't until High School that I became a fan. I will say it was the summer of 1992 when I first started to pay attention to the draft. While I was initially dismayed by the drafting of Horry, he was the first Rocket that I followed from the draft.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Because imagine Chuck Hayes ass on a 6ft1 guy

THATS WHY.

pause

11. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Brother and father always tried to to get me into sports. Was such a big nerd back then.

Finally Sat down and got into it during th 22 game winning streak. Experience the heart break in the playoffs. Made it my goal to become a student of the Rockets. Learned thei history, players, etc. Became their biggest fan in 08-09 and haven't looked back since.

12. joesr

joesr Member

Born and raised in Hawaii. We didnt have a team so I followed my dads team which was the Bulls. Joined the navy, had no time for ball so I lost interest in the NBA. When I got to shore duty I started getting back into and I picked Yao Ming to follow (2004). I followed the Rockets at that point but wasnt hardcore, yet. After watching a few drafts and getting hyped up on the players is when I got hardcore into the team and in the end the Rockets were a big reason for my move to Htown (that, economy and wifes relatives).

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

14. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

I tried on cheering for new york last season because of gallo, felton and wilson. But along came melo and it poisoned the whole team. I tried to cheer for okc but then again perk was a punk, so was westbrook. Then I saw how the whole okc team reacted when russell was injured and damn, didn't knew that kevin was a punk either

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

NBA Jam on Super Nintendo.

I'm a Pittsburgh-er born and raised. Most around these parts hate the NBA and think college ball is the only thing that matters.

I started playing NBA Jam when I was in third grade. The original squad was Hakeem, Otis Thorpe and Sam-I-Am (I believe??). I always played as the Rockets so I figured I might as well start following the actual team. Then, as luck would have it, they won their first championship and I was officially in love! :cool:

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Moses Malone and Calvin Murphy

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Born and raised, so it only became natural.

Actually took me longer to become a Texans fan more than any other team in the H.

18. Mr Chuck Norris

I live in Miami so I have no connection at all

But it was T-Mac that got me to be a rocket can

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I saw Hannah Storm when I was a baby, so I became hooked.

20. gabion

gabion Member

Join me in guys.. i have been rooting houston rockets since the 90's coz all of them is rooting chicago when michael jordan is still active.. saw what dream did to the admiral also.