1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[O'Connor] Harden may have request trade from the Rockets if Chris Paul weren't traded...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blahblehblah, Jul 17, 2019.

1. dejamike

dejamike Member

If Harden goes to FT to address the luxury tax issue, Tillman would probably say something along the line like “Sure bud, how about we split the cost from your salary?” Then James will probably say “ you know what, second thoughts, I think our team is good enough.”

The end.

2. foggy94

foggy94 Member

That was an offhand comment where he was talking about what could happen if things went south and we were in a Brooklyn type situation where Harden and Russ have left or are washed and we've given picks away, Morey won't be there to face the consequences - which I kinda agree with. He could easily get a better job once this runs its course.

malakas, superfob, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tilman is all about that You shut up and listen to Me! than shutting up himself and listening to others.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is ex post facto reporting.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He knew what needed to happen

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It really seems this way. I'll always root for the team, but it seems more and more like the window shut when he took over. I wonder now if Morey even lasts the year, after that very un-Morey trade for Russ. Daryl's gotta be sending out feelers.
    Texans? :D

harold bingo, mikol13 and daywalker02 like this.
  7. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

There are obviously two camps here.

Camp A - Those who wanted CP3 traded

Harden and by extension Tilman

Camp B - Those who did not want CP3 traded

Morey and MDA

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What worries me more is that he is willing to part with picks and has no interest in the Draft, I dun want to rebuild with such a brute.

He also does not buy 2nd rounders like Les.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Amazing that people get paid to say "i heard," "might have," "perhaps," and worst of all that folks listen to those cackling hens.

10. basketballholic

I'd say if we don't get it done this year trade Harden to Toronto or OKC.

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

OP post matches OP username.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good-bye James, it is going to go down either way..... might as well do the farewell in advance!

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can see this with Brodie too as WB is going to decline in 2 years, they bought themselves some time with the Westbrook trade.

#33 daywalker02, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I highly doubt this is true, but if it is, looks really bad on Harden.

15. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

I may have heard that most media members make sh*t up to get clicks.

slothy420, House Rockets and B-Bob like this.
  16. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

None of this speculation sounds unreasonable. If our organization didn't do what was best for the team's success I wouldn't blame Harden for eventually demanding a trade.

For those who think we're better off without Harden, I think y'all are forgetting that franchise players don't grow on trees.

And let's push past the overblown narrative that signing Iggy will absolutely push us over into the NBA finals. At his contract right now, I would be extremely hesitant on going all in with the luxury tax. Look at the other teams that have entered into the luxury tax, only 1 team has benefitted from it and that's the GSWs.

17. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

Well that dude called it that made a thread (prepare for harden trade) !!!!!

So rockets didn’t want to just trade him for nothing, needed another star for harden to again stay happy.

His friend Westbrook fell in their lap. Now everything is cool.

Lock up all negative threads

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The Purest . . . boarding on fabrication
    I need more

Rocket River

19. HP3

HP3 Member

But why would it matter if they said it in prior to the trade?The only reason the Westbrook trade even happend was because of Kawhi and the PG trade. There is no way Morey would have went on record to say it that many times he wasnt trading Paul if it was that bad. Rivers was also a FA when said those things, i just find it tough to believe that if it was really that toxic that he would want to come back to play here.

Which players talked about the Harden/Howard drama? I dont remember, was it Jason Terry? If it was like that..yea that is probably a good point. Kawhi/Spurs were never great at any point and i dont think any of their teammates really covered for him...except maybe Danny Green but then there was also that dumb thing Tony Parker said.

I just dont think Tucker is the kind of guy who would so exasperatedly say that it was overblown. I dont believe this trade was made by Morey and I dont believe we made this trade because Harden and Paul hated eachother, I think its more because Harden felt that he couldnt win with Cp anymore.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden had a chance to beat the warriors two years ago and he couldn't do it at home in a game 7.

What more of a chance does he want?